Rare Announces Xbox One Exclusive Sea of Thieves - Update

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Rare Announces Xbox One Exclusive Sea of Thieves - Update

Rare to take players on a pirate adventure.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Rare? Rareware? Is that really you? We thought you had died long ago! Where have you been?? Don't ever go off on your own again!

Sea looks great. The best sea yet possibly. That's all I judge from this trailer. Is the sea.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Post ACIV Black Flag, games based around piracy have a lot to overcome IMO. Hopefully RARE gets this and puts mighty effort into making it fun, engaging and awesome.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
It had me when they showed you can make someone walk the plank.

I have a soft spot for piracy games and I really, really hope that this'll be a PC title too in the end. If not, the argument for saving up for an Xbox One is starting to get stronger and stronger.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I'm more surprised that Rare is actually doing something other than some Kinect stuff. I hope it's good so they can pull a comeback.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I really like the look of this, aside from one thing. One tiny little thing that really kinda puts me off it.

Why is it a bloody cartoon?

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Did someone knock out the MS executive that was sucking the life out of Rare and keep him tied up long enough for them to make an actual game? Doesn't look like a system seller, but if I had an xbone, this would be on my watch list.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
It had me when they showed you can make someone walk the plank.

I have a soft spot for piracy games and I really, really hope that this'll be a PC title too in the end. If not, the argument for saving up for an Xbox One is starting to get stronger and stronger.
It is, I tweeted the devs and they said it was Windows 10. I'm not sure if that's windows 10 ONLY or just windows in general though.

https://twitter.com/RareLtd/status/610523764435103745

If it is W10 exclusive however, I will gladly suffer the launch bugs of Windows 10 to play this. Super fucking stoked for a proper Pirate game, AC Black Flag was awesome, had an absolute blast playing it through with my mother. The poor amount of action pirate games makes me sad. It's like Rare stole the thoughts from my head. I was gonna make an awesome pirate game!