Rare Shows Off a Nine-Minute Treasure Hunt in Sea of Thieves

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Rare Shows Off a Nine-Minute Treasure Hunt in Sea of Thieves

Ahoy, matey! It's a nine-minute gameplay trailer for Sea of Thieves, straight from E3!

At Microsoft's E3 presser Sunday, Rare took the stage to show off its upcoming multiplayer pirate adventure. It not only showed of underwater exploration, but a little ship-to-ship combat, island exploration, and more.

Even if you make it back to the ship with your ill-gotten booty, you'll still need to make it past the other players looking to get rich at your expense. Luckily, you can just shoot yourself out of a cannon, if that's your thing.

Sea of Thieves doesn't have a firm release date yet, but it will launch in early 2018. If you'd like a chance at playing it early, you can sign up for the Sea of Thieves Insider Programme right here [http://seaofthieves.com/insider].

[gallery=7510]

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
This is the first exclusive ive liked the look of in some time. The link didnt work for the insider programme though.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Looked absolutely gorgeous, but the undead and firing people out of cannons utterly ruins it.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
That entire presentation looked more heavily scripted than the Rainbow Six Siege showcase we got a few years ago.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
On one hand, it looks gorgeous, and I love how canon balls punch holes into the side of your ship, but on the other hand, anything involving on-foot combat looks super basic and boring.

Frankly, Im more excited for Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PVP edition. Mostly because that game doesn't look like you need friends, and it seems to have a whole lot more depth.

Never thought I'd say that about an Ubisoft game, of all things.