Rarest stuff you've seen or caught in a Pokemon game

T1tan45

Oct 19, 2010
My friend was getting me back into pokemon by letting me play platinum, and at one point I found a pink sneasel (I guess it was a shiny one), I didn't think anything of it, so I killed it. My friend flipped out on me when I told him about it later.

Another time on the same game, I had a shiny scizor on my team, but not knowing I had a shiny scyther before I evolved it (because it's just a darker green when it's shiny).

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I have never seen a shiny in my life and I've played every Pokemon game twice or more (over twenty times on Ruby) I also have never ever heard of the Pokerus before today.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Only shiny I have ever seen was a ratticate. Caught the bugger, but it wasn't that useful.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Two identical shiny Spindas in two consecutive battles. The odds are 1 in 18.4 quintillion.

Beat that.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
DragonLord Seth...I believe you have won this thread.

Especially since, out of the shinies I DO have, only my Shiny Latios is interesting.

I didn't even catch it. Someone on Global trade was giving it away for something...COMMON! I managed to snatch it up.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I only caught 1 shiny pokemon in my pokemon journey , it was a shiny gibble , unfortunatly it was sassy nature And is't iv's sucked so i couldn't use it competitively . Now my second shiny i didn't catch , i bred it , yup i'm a breeder and ev trainer . It was a shiny amorith . I felt so awsome , i breed shinies lol ( not really happened this one time ) , but it had the nature i wanted and it's attqck iv was 30. So that i used competitively.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I don't think I've ever seen a shiny, unless it was one of those with a really subtle colour change and I didn't notice it was shiny.

I did get pokerus once though :3 I dunno how rare that is.

The Eyeball Moose

Jun 16, 2011
I caught a shiny Trapinch in Sapphire. It was the first, and currently only, shiny I've ever encountered, but I didn't even know what a shiny was when I found it. It was just cool and I needed it.

Nightrunex

Mar 16, 2011
I found a Gold shiny Golbat once in Sapphire. One move, Cut, and it accidentally critted and made it faint.
I was deeply sad.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
the only shiny I ever saw was a shiny tentacool in Sapphire and I fainted it because it was too low of a level for any of my pokemon to not one-shot it. I probably should've just thrown a bunch of great balls at it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Caught a Shiny Steelix in Diamond. I don't really care for Steelix and the gold or bronze or whatever that's supposed to be wasn't exactly a great colour scheme, but it's Shiny, so I kept it.

It's also kind of lucky since this is the first game I'd really sat down and played since Blue. I had one of the Gen 2 games, but got bored shortly after the first gym.