Ratchet and Clank... Are getting a movie?

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
hell I will be happy if its halfway decinct we have yet to have ANY good video game to movie transions yet
(yea some are passable but I would love to see a good one happen)

and no I dont count the pokemon movies as they are on the anime not the games and still get stuff wrong (give me a pokemon movie without Ash and I will count it)

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Ratchet and Clank is probably my second favorite game series ever, so if they somehow manage to screw this up, I'm gonna be seriously pissed off.

But mark me down as someone who is cautiously optimistic. I mean, it's got everything you need for a R&C game. It has the humor, the original voice actors, and Qwark, so how could they possibly screw this up? It's a pitch-perfect formula.

Who knows, maybe this'll get stuck in production hell and we'll never see it again. Only time will tell.

2015, don't let me down.

Edit: It better have Nefarious in it or I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
aguspal said:
Casual Shinji said:
*inhale*....... No.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love Ratchet and Clank, these characters aren't "beefy" enough for a feature length film. I sense awkward comedy and pop culture references.

Still, pretty cool we're getting the original voice actors, I guess.
This...

I think they would be better with an average duration animation, of like 30 minutes. That could work.
I always felt the universe would lend itself well for an anime show in the vein of Samurai Pizza Cats.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
I would like this to be good, and I probably will see this at the movies.

But... I am concerned about the inevitable game tie-in... Will it follow normal movie games and suck?

FourCartridge

Dec 27, 2012
VoidWanderer said:
I would like this to be good, and I probably will see this at the movies.

But... I am concerned about the inevitable game tie-in... Will it follow normal movie games and suck?
IIRC, the movie's plot is going to be a retread of the first game, nevermind the fact that this is a video game series, so a game tie-in is kinda redundant.

I think Sony's smart enough to avoid that. =P

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
it's official. Hollywood has run out of intellectual properties.
can someone think of a movie for the previous year that became great without either being part of a franchise or exist in some other medium?
i miss originality

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
aguspal said:
Casual Shinji said:
*inhale*....... No.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love Ratchet and Clank, these characters aren't "beefy" enough for a feature length film. I sense awkward comedy and pop culture references.

This...

I think they would be better with an average duration animation, of like 30 minutes. That could work.
I always felt the universe would lend itself well for an anime show in the vein of Samurai Pizza Cats.
Yeah something like that could perfectly work...

And you just reached 10000th post. Congrats.
Capitano Segnaposto said:
aguspal said:
Casual Shinji said:
*inhale*....... No.

This...

1 hour and half is kinda hardcore at the moment.

Also OMG!!! YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET 100000TH POST! keep up the good work!
Remember that the original game clocked in around 8 hours. Add in the experience they have obtained with writing a good story, they can easily retool it into a decent animated flick in a 1:30/2:00 time limit.
Thats a great way to see it.

I myself dont think it is IMPOSSIBLE, but I still think it would be pretty hard even for them. Because you know, videogame movies suck and all that...
Not Matt said:
it's official. Hollywood has run out of intellectual properties.
can someone think of a movie for the previous year that became great without either being part of a franchise or exist in some other medium?
i miss originality
originality is overrated as hell.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
That looked terrible, a full movie based on ratchet and clank... If I didn't know the property there was absolutely no draw to see the movie, idt there is a chance in hell of it being good.