Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Been getting some great reviews. Now to just get a PS5!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Looks like more of the same, but with PS5 tech, which is what I was expecting. Not that this is terrible, but this series has been seriously stagnating since Tools of Destruction came out.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Looks like more of the same, but with PS5 tech, which is what I was expecting. Not that this is terrible, but this series has been seriously stagnating since Tools of Destruction came out.
I wasnt much of a fan of the ps4 reboot tbh. It controlled too clunky for what the game expected you to handle and was just frustrating to me.

Glad the game is well received but this is a pass from me most likely.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Still mad that the subtitle isn't a sexpun, that was the best part! How about "cleft apart" or something.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
RATCHET & CLANK has had a rough couple of years. Crack in Time was great but since then the franchise has been chugging along. the good reviews are great but I can't not but a ps5 right now

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
At this point all I want is a Graphical Remaster of all the PS2 era Ratchet and Clank games, same with the Jak games.

They need to give them the Crash N'sane Trilogy treatment.

I especially pay money for Ratchet Deadlocked and Jak X Combat Racing Remastered

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
At this point all I want is a Graphical Remaster of all the PS2 era Ratchet and Clank games, same with the Jak games.
Yeah, but look at what they did to the 2016 remake; they redid the story and characterisation and bled the original of its charm. Ratchet and Clank isn't the goofy, tongue-in-cheek franchise anymore with very thinly veiled adult humor, it's all quite serious, lore focused, and child friendly now. And that's never going away. So I'd rather they don't touch the third game.

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
Can't wait to get this! looks great! :D

Edit: you forgot this review:

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Bought it. Fuck it looks too good. I hope it plays better than ps4's reboot cause damn the game is so pretty.

Can I just add, that I love the fact that I can buy the game online from my workplace and tell the playstation 5 to download it so that it'll already be installed by the time I get home.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I wasnt much of a fan of the ps4 reboot tbh. It controlled too clunky for what the game expected you to handle and was just frustrating to me.
Yeah, but look at what they did to the 2016 remake; they redid the story and characterisation and bled the original of its charm. Ratchet and Clank isn't the goofy, tongue-in-cheek franchise anymore with very thinly veiled adult humor, it's all quite serious, lore focused, and child friendly now. And that's never going away. So I'd rather they don't touch the third game.
I've only played that 2016 remake (since I think it was a PS+ freebie) and I wasn't much of a fan of it at all. Hopefully the new one is legit good, though it'll be awhile until I can play it as I'm not really looking at getting a PS5 anytime soon.

I remember watching this video after playing the remake and being even more disappointed

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I definitely be wanting this, but gotta wait for a money change first. It's one of the unfortunately rare big games that like to actually experiment with weird guns, unlike all those goddamn sci-fi future games who still refuse to move past 'pistol/shotgun/sniper/automatic' yawn-fest despite the settings being ripe for creative expression, which I garun-fuckin-tee the new Battlefield will not bother innovating in too. It's stupid that all these "adult serious" games are so cowardly towards pushing the boat out with their weapon creativity that this colourful fluff game is like the only one I can think of in some while promising some fresh murder toys to annihilate all your pitiful enemies with (in the high-budget development scene anyway).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I definitely be wanting this, but gotta wait for a money change first. It's one of the unfortunately rare big games that like to actually experiment with weird guns, unlike all those goddamn sci-fi future games who still refuse to move past 'pistol/shotgun/sniper/automatic' yawn-fest despite the settings being ripe for creative expression, which I garun-fuckin-tee the new Battlefield will not bother innovating in too. It's stupid that all these "adult serious" games are so cowardly towards pushing the boat out with their weapon creativity that this colourful fluff game is like the only one I can think of in some while promising some fresh murder toys to annihilate all your pitiful enemies with (in the high-budget development scene anyway).
There are many a Western publisher that are still stuck in 7th generation mind set. It's why I don't bother with a majority of them.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Looks great, but I don't have a PS5.

Definitely one to look out for, when console stock materialises.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Can't wait to get this! looks great! :D

Edit: you forgot this review:
Doubt he meant to post *all* reviews, just some favorites. Anyways, good to see another quality addition and some added variety to the PS5 library, although it’s personally not on my radar. I remember playing ToD on PS3 but never finished it.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Bought it. Fuck it looks too good. I hope it plays better than ps4's reboot cause damn the game is so pretty.

Can I just add, that I love the fact that I can buy the game online from my workplace and tell the playstation 5 to download it so that it'll already be installed by the time I get home.
Were you aware that the PS4 can do this too?

Been getting some great reviews. Now to just get a PS5!
Makes me imagine how many PS5’s would’ve been sold by now if they actually had supply to match demand. Yet another way the pandemic sucks x 5.

Good thing I’m personally waiting for a cheaper Slim bundle.

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Huge mistake to make this a PS5 exclusive. Even if I wanted to buy this game there's no point I literally can't buy a console to play it on. Maybe they didn't see the shortage coming, not my problem though.

I didn't forget. I hate IGN.
I only watch IGN anymore to see what a new game is about if they happen to post something while I'm dicking around at work. I don't trust them anymore. Full on shills.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Huge mistake to make this a PS5 exclusive. Even if I wanted to buy this game there's no point I literally can't buy a console to play it on. Maybe they didn't see the shortage coming, not my problem though.

I only watch IGN anymore to see what a new game is about if they happen to post something while I'm dicking around at work. I don't trust them anymore. Full on shills.
I never trusted IGN much to begin with. Even back in the early 2000s at late nineties, they had a habit of nitpicking off walls that weren't that big or blaming the game for their own stupid mistakes. It was their God Hand review that was the last straw. 3/10 my ass. The fact that the reviewer even admitted that he did not finish the game and only gave that review cuz he couldn't beat the first stage. They did have a second opinion about a couple months later and gave it a 6 out of 10, but the damage was already done by that point. The fact that it took them years to fire the guy, was just another insult.