Raya and the Last Dragon trailer.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sidenote, I never thought combining a hedgehog and an armadillo would be as adorable as that little guy is, but holy shit is he cute as hell! What do we call him? A hedgeadillo? Armahog? I'm leaning towards Hedgeadillo.
I dunno, ask Sonic and Mighty. :p

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I dunno, ask Sonic and Mighty. :p
Never played any sonic games so I can't comment on that. I mean I know OF him and his cast of characters, and that his games are infamously terrible games, yet simultaneously obsessed over by his worshippers. Just don't know what that has to do with a hedgeadillo? :p

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Never played any sonic games so I can't comment on that. I mean I know OF him and his cast of characters, and that his games are infamously terrible games, yet simultaneously obsessed over by his worshippers. Just don't know what that has to do with a hedgeadillo? :p
First of all, Sonic's games aren't "infamously terrible." There's a few select games that meet that, but hardly the entire series.

Second, the reference is to both Sonic (the hedgehog) and Mighty the Armadillo, how the two are related in a developmental context, and how both can roll up in a ball. Until Mania, Mighty was basically an asset flip of Sonic.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
First of all, Sonic's games aren't "infamously terrible." There's a few select games that meet that, but hardly the entire series.

Second, the reference is to both Sonic (the hedgehog) and Mighty the Armadillo, how the two are related in a developmental context, and how both can roll up in a ball. Until Mania, Mighty was basically an asset flip of Sonic.
Oh he actually has an armadillo friend? Is that what that big red monstrosity is supposed to be?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh he actually has an armadillo friend? Is that what that big red monstrosity is supposed to be?
Yes. Part of the Chaotix crew.

And most of the games are great. The only bad ones are Sonic 06 and Unleashed (for me). The latter is not exactly bad, outstays its welcome with Werehog GoW/DMC style combat and QTEs. I swear that game gets worse to play each year.