Rayman Origins is the Next Free Uplay PC Game from Ubisoft

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Rayman Origins is the Next Free Uplay PC Game from Ubisoft

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1342/1342158.jpgStarting next Wednesday, Rayman Origins will be free on Uplay.

Ever since E3, Ubisoft has been giving away a free PC game every 30 days to celebrate its thirtieth anniversary. It began in June with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, continued in July (and now) with the original Splinter Cell [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167929-You-Can-Get-the-Original-Splinter-Cell-Free-For-30-Days], and next week, the free game will be Rayman Origins.

In the press release announcing the newest free game, Ubi wrote, "We could not celebrate Ubisoft 30th anniversary without talking about Rayman. Created in 1995 by Michel Ancel, Rayman is one of the few platforming characters that has been created at the 32-bit era that is still alive today. Rayman 1 was released on Atari Jaguar and is today the Ubisoft game that has traveled across the most different platforms."

There are no strings attached to these games. Once they're added to your Uplay account, you'll have them forever. Of course, the requirement for Uplay can be a deal breaker for some people.

You can grab Splinter Cell now, and Rayman Origins next Wednesday, August 17, over at the Ubi30 website [https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-US/ubi30].

[gallery=6396]

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Rayman Origins is a great game. I'd very much like to get it at the great, great price of putting in some effort and finding my password to UPlay or otherwise trying to fix my passwordless existence. But, alas, so far, I've lived like royalty without UPlay!

I'm still very much stubbornly holding on to my decision to never, ever use UPlay beyond the wee boosts and free trinkets in, say, Driver San Francisco or that one fun Assassin's Creed with the tacked on mobile game component.

Should I give in and sign away my immortal soul for aetherous copies of games? How can I really keep them 'forever' when I am very much bound to mortal flesh? Could I really afford to start playing The Division when I am already wasting months, nay, years on Destiny? Windows 10 already made me sign up to XBox live. Do I really want to spread myself that thin?