Rayman Origins Review

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Bob_F_It said:
I played the demo, and was thoroughly interested, but the question remains: is it a £40+ platformer, if such things can exist.
Sober Thal said:
Not worth $60. I would have bought it for $20, maybe $30. I was shocked this wasn't just an arcade download.

People should try the demo tho.
Errrrrg, I get it if people are strapped for cash right now, but I hate the idea that a 2D platformer isn't allowed to be a full game. Back in my day, we paid full price for 2D games like Earthworm Jim or Oddworld and we didn't complain. *shakes cane angrily*

Trust me, I own the game and just because it doesn't have fancy 3D graphics doesn't mean it's not worth a purchase. It has quite a bit of content and it's probably the best 2D platformer I've played this generation. Much better than stuff like New Super Mario Bros Wii or Donkey Kong Country Returns. (a possible exception is Braid and/or LIMBO, but that doesn't really count)

Also, Michel Ancel needs money, or we're never gonna get Beyond Good and Evil 2. :(

purifico

Oct 29, 2009
Too bad this game will be a financial failure because no one wants to pay 60$ for a 2D platformer nowadays.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Probably my favourite platforming game is the first Rayman. Watching this has made me want to replay it, but I have no idea where my disc is.
I'm not at all as drawn to this game though. How can a game that focuses on co-op be fast paced? It seems so ridiculously counter-productive. Could someone that's played the game compare it to the first one for me? That music is awesome though.

MultiElford

Oct 22, 2011
I don't think it is very much like the other Rayman games which is a litte sad.

For example, I do not enjoy the fact that my character is 1/30 of the screen but I know that the team decided to make it that way in order to make fast-paced gameplay, as well as multiplayer, possible.

It is a great game and I am glad I spent my money on it but I was hoping for more of a Rayman experience... You know... Like Rayman 1,2 or 3.
This just feels like a multiplayer spin-off more than a real entry in the franchise which is kind of sad.

But I haven't yet played through the game, so who knows, maybe something will happen at the end story-wise that will make this a more memorable part of the Rayman series. For now, this was the least enjoyable game from the four main games.

I still love love LOVE it though! Especially the soundtrack! :DD
Too bad that it hasn't been selling too well for now, but we all know why that happened, of course.

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
Look at those COLOURS!!
Seriously, it looks great, full of life and the soundtrack seems catchy
And the gameplay seems quite good, too.

lostlevel

Nov 6, 2008
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Bob_F_It said:
I played the demo, and was thoroughly interested, but the question remains: is it a £40+ platformer, if such things can exist.
Sober Thal said:
Not worth $60. I would have bought it for $20, maybe $30. I was shocked this wasn't just an arcade download.

People should try the demo tho.
Errrrrg, I get it if people are strapped for cash right now, but I hate the idea that a 2D platformer isn't allowed to be a full game. Back in my day, we paid full price for 2D games like Earthworm Jim or Oddworld and we didn't complain. *shakes cane angrily*

Trust me, I own the game and just because it doesn't have fancy 3D graphics doesn't mean it's not worth a purchase. It has quite a bit of content and it's probably the best 2D platformer I've played this generation. Much better than stuff like New Super Mario Bros Wii or Donkey Kong Country Returns. (a possible exception is Braid and/or LIMBO, but that doesn't really count)

Also, Michel Ancel needs money, or we're never gonna get Beyond Good and Evil 2. :(
A bit of an update you can buy it for about £20 online on amazon uk etc or about £25 in Game/Gamestation. I bought it on a whim as I've not bought a game in a while and so far it is well worth it, I never liked 3D Rayman to be honest it's much like 3D sonic...

If you liked the first Rayman or platformers in general it's a worth while purchase at a good price.