Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 Gaming Keyboard Review - Click, Click, Boom

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 Gaming Keyboard Review - Click, Click, Boom

There's a new version of Razer's long-running mechanical keyboard: the BlackWidow Chroma V2.

Read Full Article

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
The fascination with mechanical keyboards eludes me. Maybe it's because I live with people and I know that they would literally threaten my life and limb if they had to listen the clatter of a mechanical keyboard day in, day out. I use a Razor Anansi, have for about four years now, and even this membrane keyboard is so loud that I can hear the keystrokes passed my headphones.

I cannot for the life of my imagine that there are reliability or precision benefits to a mechanical keyboard, so it must just be down to taste. All I know is that I'd go fucking deaf with a mechanical keyboard.

Still, I'm glad that Razor has kept up their quality. Like I said, I've had my Anansi for about four years and it's never done me wrong.

Sep 14, 2009
Ironman126 said:
The fascination with mechanical keyboards eludes me. Maybe it's because I live with people and I know that they would literally threaten my life and limb if they had to listen the clatter of a mechanical keyboard day in, day out. I use a Razor Anansi, have for about four years now, and even this membrane keyboard is so loud that I can hear the keystrokes passed my headphones.

I cannot for the life of my imagine that there are reliability or precision benefits to a mechanical keyboard, so it must just be down to taste. All I know is that I'd go fucking deaf with a mechanical keyboard.

Still, I'm glad that Razor has kept up their quality. Like I said, I've had my Anansi for about four years and it's never done me wrong.
as someone who has gone back and forth (and literally owned an iteration of this mechanical keyboard) on mechanical keyboards, it's only in intense and quick/speedy applications that I notice a difference, in games and typing on a mechanical keyboard I can fly effortlessly, while now gping back to a normal keyboard I can feel myself pushing down each keystroke... not that it's difficult, it's just not effortlessly like it is with a mechanical keyboard. and unless you are in the same room or have literal paper thin walls, you don't really hear the mechanical keyboards (through a mic you definitely do hear them without noise cancelling software) so it's never been an issue with my roommates, one of whom also has a mechanical keyboard.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Ironman126 said:
as someone who has gone back and forth (and literally owned an iteration of this mechanical keyboard) on mechanical keyboards, it's only in intense and quick/speedy applications that I notice a difference, in games and typing on a mechanical keyboard I can fly effortlessly, while now gping back to a normal keyboard I can feel myself pushing down each keystroke... not that it's difficult, it's just not effortlessly like it is with a mechanical keyboard. and unless you are in the same room or have literal paper thin walls, you don't really hear the mechanical keyboards (through a mic you definitely do hear them without noise cancelling software) so it's never been an issue with my roommates, one of whom also has a mechanical keyboard.
I'm not sure I have ever really wanted a lighter keystroke, at least not out of a dedicated gaming keyboard. Again, I think it's down to taste.

Sep 14, 2009
Ironman126 said:
gmaverick019 said:
Ironman126 said:
I'm not sure I have ever really wanted a lighter keystroke, at least not out of a dedicated gaming keyboard. Again, I think it's down to taste.

yeah, and for most basic shit you really won't notice a difference, especially if you haven't used one a ton before, it's only going back to normal keyboards that I've noticed it, and even then only really noticed it much when gaming intensely/speed typing.