Razer Man O'War 7.1 Headset Review

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Razer Man O'War 7.1 Headset Review

You can now get Razer's Man O'War 7.1 gaming headset in a wired version.

Read Full Article

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I previously had a set of Razer Kraken Forged and the bass was certainly impressive, to the point where it had a bad tendency to overpower everything. I graduated to a set of Sennheiser GAME ONE PCs, and was glad I did. I prize accuracy, not blowing out my eardrums.

So seeing this review makes me wonder. Should I forgive Razer for producing such deliberately bass-heavy sound? Have they learned their lesson?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
certainly sounds good, was thinking of getting a new one since my logitech g930 is getting worn out. but, since my mouse and keyboard are from logitech as well, i may stick with this brand.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Just a note for anyone considering this headset, don't get the wireless if you have long sessions or are lax about charging. The battery life for the wireless version is pretty horrid in real terms, you end up having the cable attached for charging anyway so you pay quite a chunk extra for part time wireless.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
J Tyran said:
Just a note for anyone considering this headset, don't get the wireless if you have long sessions or are lax about charging. The battery life for the wireless version is pretty horrid in real terms, you end up having the cable attached for charging anyway so you pay quite a chunk extra for part time wireless.
Yeah, I only tested the wired version. If you want some serious wireless battery life, the Logitech G533 hit 15 hours of gameplay consistently while I was using it. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/scienceandtech/hardware-reviews/17357-Logitech-G533-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Review