RBG’s dead and Mitch is gonna do it

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
That Trump has convinced so many people he's a one-in-a-millennium strategic genius speaks to how stupid we are as a country.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That Trump has convinced so many people he's a one-in-a-millennium strategic genius speaks to how stupid we are as a country.
Never underestimate how willing some people are to get behind someone who sounds confident about everything they say and never admits fault for anything.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Never underestimate how willing some people are to get behind someone who sounds confident about everything they say and never admits fault for anything.
Seems the american way at this point. Don't care about the facts just declare victory and superiority, and people will lap it up because it gives a sense of validation.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Trump doesn't need a genius for leadership, he's got people with a genius for being led.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Trump doesn't need a genius for leadership, he's got people with a genius for being led.
Well the whole idea he's basically God to a lot of Republicans doesn't help. Its not so much people need to be led, its people need faith. And their way of life was dying - abortion it legal, blacks are in the whitehouse, Gay and Trans hunting season is canceled, Jews somehow survived WW2, buttfuck nowhere Idaho and its potato mine was being closed down and all the business was going to Boise(which has ethnic restaurants) and just yesterday a Muslim said good morning to Ol' GramGram as if they were equals! right there in broad daylight and the Sheriff didn't put nine rounds in that uppity terrorist.

So they needed faith that their way of life would return. And that's Trump. He promised everything they wanted to hear, and he may even believe some of it. And boy howdy did RBG's death show them that God wants conservatives on the court to stop abortion. As far as the cult is concerned everything is going to plan.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
So anywho, you guys actually look into the candidates on offer?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So anywho, you guys actually look into the candidates on offer?
A couple of them yes, Barrett and Rushing look like a holy roller nightmares and I have not seen much information about Lagoa other than her being a Cuban American, which tells little of her actual policies and positions.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg would be pissed as hell at any non Pro Choice justice replacing her.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Looked into how so? Like policies? Cause Biden's policies seem pretty good, they don't quite go as far as I would like but they are certainly a good step.
Supreme court, sir.
A couple of them yes, Barrett and Rushing look like a holy roller nightmares and I have not seen much information about Lagoa other than her being a Cuban American, which tells little of her actual policies and positions.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg would be pissed as hell at any non Pro Choice justice replacing her.
I dunno. She looks pretty good to me.

I'd like to see a voting record, but it ain't popping up in the light surface searches I'm doing while at work.

Don't really think it matters though. Dems will vote against whoever it is. Just like the Republicans would in their position.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Supreme court, sir.

I dunno. She looks pretty good to me.

I'd like to see a voting record, but it ain't popping up in the light surface searches I'm doing while at work.

Don't really think it matters though. Dems will vote against whoever it is. Just like the Republicans would in their position.
Everyone looks good until you find out more about them. XD
That is the point, nothing =\= good. We literally know nothing about her, so hard to find anything good or bad at this point. Just knowing she is Cuban American doesn't tell us her positions on Universal Healthcare, Homelessness and affordable housing programs, Food insecurity programs, Women's rights, or anything else that is vitally important to the current and future survival of millions. Not knowing anything about her means she could also still turn out to rule against universal healthcare and any program that helps the poor. We have Trump's lawsuit against the ACA coming up quickly and having someone who will rule Universal healthcare unconstitutional would be putting nails in the coffin for the ACA, M4A, and any other attempt to make access to healthcare a right illegal. This would be devastating and directly result in the deaths of millions of Americans.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Looking like enough Republican senators are game to appoint new SCOTUS appointee, so there goes Roe v Wade. Enjoy going back to the days of coat hanger abortions, USA.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Wealthy White Cuban Americans do not get to define what the Latin American experience is.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Wealthy White Cuban Americans do not get to define what the Latin American experience is.
The only positive I see is that it could have been worse.. Cruz or Cotton

Edit: I don't think you are ever going to get anyone who isnt really wealthy on the Supreme Court

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

Edit: I don't think you are ever going to get anyone who isnt really wealthy on the Supreme Court
By reading the link Hawki Provided, however, them being wealthy is the least of our concerns. They are all just horrific.
Yes, Like I said, Nothing =\= good. She looks like a monster and I am not talking about her appearance. You have to be some sort of evil to try to prevent people from having access to a higher minimum wage and to side with BANKS who tried to improperly foreclose on people and screw people out of trying to get their legal fees back from banks who were illegally foreclosing on people in the first place. Sounds like she is easily influenced by the GOP so likely prone to corruption from the sound of it.

There is NO decent choice. All of Trump's proposed candidates are nauseating because of course they are.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA

Ok, but she’s white. White Latin Americans, particularly if they’re wealthy, particularly from Cuba, were often the slave owning racist oppressors of the nations they immigrated from.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Looking like enough Republican senators are game to appoint new SCOTUS appointee, so there goes Roe v Wade. Enjoy going back to the days of coat hanger abortions, USA.
Honestly with how the election is shaping up, Roe v Wade is a low priority on the list of our problems. This supreme court would let Trump halt the election and declare himself winner without a fully vote tally. This is a supreme court that would agree, yes, the Russian investigation does entitle Trump to a third term, and might as well not even vote, he's just entitled. And while we're at it, why not a fourth?
This perfect storm of McConnell, Trump and now the Supreme court, can and probably will install Trump as president for life.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Honestly with how the election is shaping up, Roe v Wade is a low priority on the list of our problems. This supreme court would let Trump halt the election and declare himself winner without a fully vote tally. This is a supreme court that would agree, yes, the Russian investigation does entitle Trump to a third term, and might as well not even vote, he's just entitled. And while we're at it, why not a fourth?
This perfect storm of McConnell, Trump and now the Supreme court, can and probably will install Trump as president for life.
I fear for the future of democracy as well, but do we actually think the supreme court would be so brazen? I have no doubt Trump would, he doesn't seem to think about what he does, but the justices? I'm not sure that they'd want to be remembered as the ones who killed democracy.