RBG’s dead and Mitch is gonna do it

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
That Trump has convinced so many people he's a one-in-a-millennium strategic genius speaks to how stupid we are as a country.
It's weird. I see more of that from the Dems than anything. He is somehow simultaneously a bumbling idiotic suit and a cunning white supremacist ideologue. Or to put it another way, "Orange man bad, therefore orange man is every kind of bad even if it contradicts."

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
It's weird. I see more of that from the Dems than anything. He is somehow simultaneously a bumbling idiotic suit and a cunning white supremacist ideologue. Or to put it another way, "Orange man bad, therefore orange man is every kind of bad even if it contradicts."
In what way is he good?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You have that a bit off, Trump is a bumbling idiotic anti science white supremacist corporatist bigot who unequivocally despises the poor and actively inflicts harm through his policies. That IS the accurate statement, no reason to twist it to break it down to pretend he can't be all these things at once. With all the damage he has inflicted him being orange is irrelevant. I could care less if he was cyan, fuchsia or periwinkle. It is his actual policies that are the problem here. Claiming " Orange man bad" Is a pathetic attempt at distracting from the extremely malicious impact his actual policies do here.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Claiming " Orange man bad" Is a pathetic attempt at distracting from the extremely malicious impact his actual policies do here.
I dunno, making Trump out to be the worst thing to happen since Hitler is the kind of hyperbole that deserves to be taunted with "orange man bad".
Maybe stop being so hyperbolic and the taunts will stop.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I dunno, making Trump out to be the worst thing to happen since Hitler is the kind of hyperbole that deserves to be taunted with "orange man bad".
I am being literal. There is no exaggeration. He LITERALLY is a bumbling idiotic anti science white supremacist corporatist bigot who unequivocally despises the poor and actively inflicts harm through his policies. There is no hyperbole there. Trumps own advisors are the one telling is this is literally the truth. No one needs to exaggerate on what Trump does, he does worse than we even bother to address. When you have a man constantly voicing his disdain for the poor and making policies that will literally kill the poor, it is pretty obvious by this point. " Taunts" when you have a crap ton of people dying due to his actions pretty much fall flat at that point.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I've never understood this aspect of humanity where it's not enough to just point out the legitimately bad things that will make your point but also feel the desire to pile greater and greater things on top of it. Like, I think we can all agree that the Nazi's were pretty bad yeah? That doesn't mean I'm just going to nod my head and go along with someone saying the Nazi's destroyed the actual legendary city of Atlantis. No, me saying they didn't isn't a moral endorsement of them, it's about what is an isn't actually true.

Reactions: deleted20220709

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
:ROFLMAO:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I've never understood this aspect of humanity where it's not enough to just point out the legitimately bad things that will make your point but also feel the desire to pile greater and greater things on top of it. Like, I think we can all agree that the Nazi's were pretty bad yeah? That doesn't mean I'm just going to nod my head and go along with someone saying the Nazi's destroyed the actual legendary city of Atlantis. No, me saying they didn't isn't a moral endorsement of them, it's about what is an isn't actually true.
Who is doing that though? I mean listing ALL the bad things Nazis did isn't adding fictional things like Atlantis. It would just take too long to point out EVERYTHING bad Trump has done, so we can only list a few of the actual bad things he did and is doing. The scary thing is since he is doing so many things wrong, even the onion can't make shit up at this point. When you can verifiably show all of these things said about Trump to be true, how can anyone even start to claim people are making shit up about him anymore? It is a sad day though when everything bad said about him is actually true and the people who are inventing stuff about him are his supporters trying to make up excuses as to why they can even support the guy in the first place.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I think somewhere along the way, rabid anti-Trump people have passed the threshold of "legitimate criticism" into "frothing mad crazy hate" and then they lost all the people who are on the fence as a consequence. You can claim that you're level-headed and that all the hate is legitimate, and that you're not being hyperbolic at all, but that's going to be hard to sell.

Talking heads making fun of Trump every day for the past 4 years also doesn't help.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I think somewhere along the way, rabid anti-Trump people have passed the threshold of "legitimate criticism" into "frothing mad crazy hate" and then they lost all the people who are on the fence as a consequence. You can claim that you're level-headed and that all the hate is legitimate, and that you're not being hyperbolic at all, but that's going to be hard to sell.

Talking heads making fun of Trump every day for the past 4 years also doesn't help.
Yea, that doesn't really pan out when you can't show that anything being said by anyone here isn't true. We have posted tons of evidence and then you just dismiss it like Oh, that doesn't really count and pretend like you didn't see it. It is a hard sell at this point to try and make people pretend his policies and actions didn't happen and it was all a bad dream and they should just go back to sleep now. You expect people to be willing to ignore facts and that just doesn't work either.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Insulting people who are on the fence by accusing them of ignoring facts and evidence also doesn't help.

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US

I think somewhere along the way rabid trump bootlickers lost all sight of reality.

The propaganda machine at Faux News for the past 4 years also doesn't help.

Reactions: lil devils x

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I think somewhere along the way rabid trump bootlickers lost all sight of reality.

The propaganda machine at Faux News for the past 4 years also doesn't help.
"I keep insulting them, but they still won't come around to my side! WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?!?!"
*And then Trump was elected again*

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
Please do not insult other users.
"I keep insulting them, but they still won't come around to my side! WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?!?!"
I can't help it they (and assuming you are part of that) are morons.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He can be both, because different skillsets and attitudes are required for different tasks. One might be a bumbling idiot at one thing, but a cunning maestro at another.

The classic example could well be people who can squirm their way up the greasy pole of politics and public support to become leaders, and then find themselves utterly overwhelmed and clueless what to do when they're there. It happens all the time: Trump, Boris Johnson in the UK, The 5SM in Italy. This is because PR to gain popularity is very different from understanding the workings of government, the economy, law etc. in order to design and enact effective policy.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Looking like enough Republican senators are game to appoint new SCOTUS appointee, so there goes Roe v Wade. Enjoy going back to the days of coat hanger abortions, USA.
While I am pro choice, I think Roe a fraud of a decision. It was the political will of a majority of USSC Justices. If over turned by non-activists as such, abortion does not become illegal: the issue is returned to the states. An activist decision would be to hallucinate that the unborn have rights that preclude abortion everywhere. That would make abortion illegal even at the state level. I don't think that is going to happen.
But I also doubt Roe will be over turned and that has ramifications for the idea of self government. With all of these "conservative" USSC justices agreeing to let Roe stand, what the heck were all of those evangelicals voting Republican for?
ITMT: Romney could still throw a wrench in the nomination process. He says he'll do hearings... doesn't mean he'll vote to confirm.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I take it that you're in favour of well-structured and fact-based debates through which we reach unanimity following which we act in concert to resolve various issues?
I'm surely in favour, I share your grand vision for the future, there is however one tiny problem.... the people on one side of the aisle have shown themselves to be demented morons.
For three decades we have been debating climate change, the science is in, the facts are there, humans are contributing and we're actively ruining the environments in which sustained human life is possible. But one side disagrees. Oh, they don't disagree about what we should do, something we could have a constructive debate about, no, they disagree with the facts, with the science. Three decades we spent and those people are have not remained morons, they have grown more moronic.
We have people calling a pandemic a hoax, we have people destroying 5G towers, we have people insisting that a possible vaccine for a pandemic is a conspiracy by one of the wealthiest men in the world to implant microchips in the common population.

At this point that side isn't worth talking to, there is no purpose in a debate with someone who disagrees with the demonstrable fact that there are issues in need of solving. Logic and negotiation have failed, leaving two options, circumventing that side or attempting to shame them into doing the right thing, and unfortunately the former is nigh impossible.