Reader's Choice Game of the Year Round 3 Voting Ends Soon!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Reader's Choice Game of the Year Round 3 Voting Ends Soon!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/10]
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is running neck-and-neck with The Last of Us, but Papers, Please is taking a beating at the hands of BioShock Infinite.

The Escapist's 2013 Game of the Year tournament is down to the final four, and this is where things get interesting. Only Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, The Last of Us, Papers, Please and BioShock Infinite are left on the board, and while all are worthy contenders, there can be only one!

BioShock Infinite has taken a big lead over Papers, Please in the first match of round three, currently holding more than 63 percent of the vote, but things are much closer between Assassin's Creed 4 and The Last of Us, who have split the vote cleanly down the middle. With little more than a day remaining, will Papers, Please be able to make up lost ground? Will the Assassin's Creed or TLOU communities rally to support their champions? And can anyone stop the BioShock behemoth?

Round three of The Escapist's Game of the Year tournament closes at 11:59 pm on December 24, so if you haven't cast your ballot yet, Papers, Please vs. BioShock Infinite [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/10].

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Of course it's going to be Bioshock and The Last of Us, that's like the Superman vs Batman of games this year. Shame, since my bracket only had one off so far. Good for the games, though, I guess.

Papers, Please and AssCreed making it as far as they did was still a surprise, even if they were matched up against less intimidating foes.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Well, my bracket is already completely busted, so now I just want to see who will actually win this.

Some people are taking it way too seriously though, like Reddit users making accounts to manipulate the votes, what's the point?
Obviously you don't remember the March Mayhem events then. That was always the case when it comes down to it, as some people end up staying sometimes and become active on the forums.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
2. Maybe next time there can be a requirement for how long you've been registered before voting. Wouldn't need to be very long, maybe just had to have been registered one week earlier from the day that voting was announced.
You're missing the whole point of the contest.

The Escapist WANTS people to show up and vote, so they can get an advertising cash boost. If they stay afterwards, even better.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Some people are taking it way too seriously though, like Reddit users making accounts to manipulate the votes, what's the point?
That's because it's a 'versus' competition. Something generally looked down at here, since it tends to turn everyone crazed and frothing at the mouth, but apparently just this once and with March Mayhem it's okay.

Glad I stayed out of this frikking hornets nest.