Reading on the toilet

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I don't stay for 40 mins but I do read on the toilet or play handheld games. Sometimes I stay in there for longer than I should and long after I'm done with my business just because I'm absorbed in what I'm doing (15-20 mins), but never so long as 40 minutes.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Um...no. I don't spend long enough on the toilet to justify a book. I wouldn't even get thru a page.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Read? Real men game! Taking a dump isn't going to stop me from winning that race in Mario Kart!

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
I can see my computer screen from the toilet so I usually put on Star Trek or something while I'm doing the duke.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I often take my laptop in. I can set it on the counter and read or watch something. It's especially useful when I need to be there for a while.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
I usually take my DS with me, but sometimes I'll bring a book or my cell phone. I sit there if I'm using a public restroom. I can't get out of those fast enough.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Fusioncode9 said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Do you read on the toilet? Me, I always take a book and ipod with me. Sometimes my DS if there's nothing to read.. Though I do spend about 40 mins on there though..
How the hell do you spend 40 minutes on the toilet. I spend around 5 minutes. And I never read on the can.
Let's see

about 5 minutes of sitting there idling
10-15 minutes of puhing
5 Minutes of more idling
5-10 More mintues of pushing
10-15 Minutes of wiping
That is one unhealthy colon right there! Dear god.

This is how I do it.
Sit down
30 seconds crapping
30 seconds wiping
30 seconds washing hands
done.

filed under "Things I never thought I'd post. EVER."

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I have what is now know in the house as ... a bathroom book.

On the shelf, next to the porcelien throne, is my copy of Eisenhorn for when that shit to end all shits just takes it's amn time getting it over and done with.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Commissar Sae said:
Depends on the severity of the gastrointestinal situation. If I fell it may take a while I grab a book, otherwise I don't bother.
Quoted for truth - sometimes you can be stuck there for 10 mins plus - taking a book is recommended

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Usually, but whenever I do I spend way too long on the toilet, mostly reading, especially with a good book :p

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
It depends. If I'm in the middle of reading something or playing my DS, I'll bring it in with me. Otherwise, it's usually just in and out.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
There's usually always a book or magazine in the bathroom. Sometimes I just go in there to do my business, other times I make the mistake of picking up said magazine or book. I suppose it's not so bad if it's a mag, but if it's a book, and a good one I can end up spending more than an hour in the bathroom.
Please note, I don't spend over an hour in there because that's how long it takes to piss, crap, whatever, but because of the book. The Nasty usually takes less than a few minutes. I stay in the bathroom because it's quiet and nobody can bug me while I'm in there.

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
Yes I read on the toilet. Sometimes, I bring my PSP in there and play a bit too. I do try to hide my books and/or psp when I get there though, as If my parents see me there would be some awkward conversation.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
Uncle John's Bathroom reader, bitches. That stuff'll keep you on the can for upside an hour sometimes. Love that shit.
Fine choice of words, my good sir.

I usually just bring my laptop in with me, so I can stay in there for anything between half and hour to an hour. It's where I do my thinking really. Absolute peace and quiet, perfect for coming up with solutions for whatever.