Real Life Ninja Turtle Pizzas Are Kinda Disgusting

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Real Life Ninja Turtle Pizzas Are Kinda Disgusting

[bliptv=AYKs408C]​

Who would've guessed that toppings like licorice and granola on top of pizza would be a gross combination? Oh, wait, everyone would guess that.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon of the 1990s was known for many things. There was the rocking theme song, the butt-kicking action, the super-popular toy line it inspired, and (of course) the truly bizarre pizza toppings that the Turtles kept on scarfing down. Unsurprisingly, topping combinations like peanut butter and clams taste pretty gross, as a real-life taste test determined.

Recently, a group of Ninja Turtles fans (hosted by the Angry Video Game Nerd) decided to throw a party where they recreated some of the most bizarre pizza creations that Michelangelo listed. That's all good and fine, but then these idiots actually tried to eat the darn things and make a video about the experience. Unsurprisingly, the attached video is full of foul language, as well some truly vile-looking slices of pizza.

Honestly, I've always wondered how the show's writers came up with the pizzas that Michelangelo would talk about. Even when I was eight-years-old, they sounded like pretty dreadful things to ingest. Looking at the video footage, it's kind of reassuring to see that I had at least a little common sense, even when I was that young.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Hey it's AVGN.

Anyway, that looks surprisingly like the pizza a got food poisoning from a couple years ago...

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Those aren't just any fans, that's the AVGN hosting it! Saw this a while back. Funnily enough, I was waiting for pizza at the time. Kinda grossed me out, but I ate my pizza anyway.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
I watched this about a week and a half ago, and I actually tried the marshmallow and pepporonni pizza and it was actually pretty good.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
No credit for James Rolfe, AVGN, or Cinemassacre? That's lousy. Saw this on their site when it was put up and it's pretty entertaining to watch.

EDIT: Ironically, when I wrote this post criticizing the article a ToS agreement popped up. XD

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Podunk said:
No credit for James Rolfe, AVGN, or Cinemassacre? That's lousy. Saw this on their site when it was put up and it's pretty entertaining to watch.
I noted that, but the update decided to hang (and, thus, not go through). It's since been corrected :)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well to be honest I their problem might be that the pizzas they were eating weren't professionally prepared. I say this because I've eaten clams on pizza on a number of occasions (without the peanut butter) indeed shellfish goes well on pizza when done right. Scallops, shrimp, Calamari, and clams all work in various combinations assming again, that the chef knows what they are doing.

To be honest back when the turtles cartoon was done, California "hip" was a national rage. You had all those milkshake places infesting malls that were charing like $8 to put wheat germ and various kinds of herbs and such into a shake, not to mention the whole "anything in a blender" craze which some of them also catered to. We also had various "gourmet" eateries specializing in exotic tastes of "things you never would have thought worked together" like rasberry sherbert and bacon.... and yes, unusual pizza toppings were a big deal down on the left coast. (here on the east coast with plentiful seafood, the shellfish on pizza is a little less exotic, it might be on the other coast as well, it's pricy, but that also varies with the market price of shellfish).

At any rate I think the whole "crazy toppings" thing was meant as a sort of pop culture referance to what certain groups of people were doing. Some of it was doubtlessly exagerrated, but I can virtually guarantee there were probably people doing just about anything they came up with for real. I remember TV shows on the subject, with I think "Fried Sphaghetti and Peking Duck" being one topping combination they tried on the show.

Still, with some of the stuff I saw in the video (I didn't watch much of it, kind of boring to me) Im guessing they were making the pizzas right there, get a real pizza chef who knows what they are doing and has a proper oven, the reaction on some of those might be differant.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
vansau said:
I noted that, but the update decided to hang (and, thus, not go through). It's since been corrected :)
Oh. Super cool! Rather considerate of you.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
Was it odd that I knew exactly what it was going to be James as soon as I saw the title....well I did see the video already on his site..... never mind.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
And now I suddenly want to actually try the marshmallow and pepperoni pizza. Actually, come to think of it, the pickle and peperoni pizza looked good too.

Everything else, no, especially if it involves fudge if their faces are any reliable judge.

Liono324

Oct 30, 2009
8:15-8:21 Watch the turtles closely, they instantly morph into one of their brothers. (i.e. Mike becomes Leo)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I want popcorn, or something fruity now...but none on pizza.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Podunk said:
vansau said:
Oh. Super cool! Rather considerate of you.
Unfortunately, that happens every now and then. I live in Flagstaff, AZ, and our ISP is dreadful. Occasionally updates don't go through on articles thanks to my crap Web connection :(

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
HAHAHAHHA i was seriously ROFLING during this video.
But the ending was totally kick ass haha. FUCK YOU MICKEY!! For inventing these horrible pizzas (rofl)

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
when I was little I found a TMNT apple pizza I bought it ... ate it ... actually liked it