Real World Nazi Zombie Game Ends Badly

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Real World Nazi Zombie Game Ends Badly

Fending off twelve waves of zombies with just a pistol is pretty impressive. Ultimately fatal, but still pretty impressive.

A group of Call of Duty fans have put together a short fan film, based on the "Nazi Zombie" mode from Treyarch's last two Call of Duty titles. As you might expect from a game that involves an endless stream of undead fascists, it does not end in smiles and kittens.

The video is the work of Logan Fulton and his friends, who got together and directed, filmed and starred in the short film. Fulton also gave all the zombies glowing yellow eyes and added HUD elements, like the round counter in the bottom left corner, to give it that extra air of authenticity. Admittedly, the zombies look more like janitors than Nazis, but it's actually a fairly minor detail. After all, the fact that they're zombies is more important than their political views and opinions on race.

Fulton has a number of other videos on his YouTube channel [http://www.youtube.com/user/kamakazi423], and he seems to have either a significant arsenal of prop weapons, or just a significant arsenal. With that in mind, it would have been nice to see a little more variation in the Nazi Zombie's video, but it's still good without it. It's also surprisingly light on gore, but that also isn't really a deal breaker.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5800308/call-of-dutys-nazi-zombies-look-great-in-real-life]

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
"Real World Nazi Zombie Game Ends Badly"?

Not "Live action fanvid based on nazi zombie game"?

I liked the zombies pulling down the "barricades" on the windows. Otherwise, meh, I agree on the "ending badly", but in a different way.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Bleep Bloop said it best that this really was the best of both worlds

What's the worst kind of Nazi? A Nazi Zombie, and what's the worst kind of Zombie? A Nazi Zombie.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, considering that you can't really "win" Nazi Zombies, this could never have ended well.

Negotiator

Mar 17, 2011
They were clearly noobies to the game and I'm not speaking about the fact that they survived only 12 rounds. I mean that they are noobies because they use their guns on the first rounds. Experienced players know that the first five rounds can be easily played with knife only which saves a lot of bullets and racks up more money since you don't have to buy another weapon before round 6.

Joking aside, this was very well done. I liked it.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
How do they last 12 rounds with only a pistol and a bolt action rifle?

What they couldn't find the mystery box?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I dont get why would take up a defensive position as weak as that where they could all converge, instead of seeking out another place thats more pratical.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
frankskye said:
They were clearly noobies to the game and I'm not speaking about the fact that they survived only 12 rounds. I mean that they are noobies because they use their guns on the first rounds. Experienced players know that the first five rounds can be easily played with knife only which saves a lot of bullets and racks up more money since you don't have to buy another weapon before round 6.

Shoot 5xRound# in the torso, and then knife them to kill for max points! Also, let them come inside for the first few rounds for power ups! Though I wouldn't use just the knife past round 3 or so unless you bought the bowie knife. :D

And there's no way the pistol will still be working in round 10, even with headshots!

*runs away from zombie Romero*

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
CannibalRobots said:
emeraldrafael said:
I dont get why would take up a defensive position as weak as that where they could all converge, instead of seeking out another place thats more pratical.
because this is based off of call of duty, not reality.
Was joking to miss the entire point of the vid, realizing this wasnt real.

.. though I guess what wasnt arelly clear in the post. THough in CoD, you can go to more defendable positions.

Negotiator

Mar 17, 2011
Kross said:
frankskye said:

Shoot 5xRound# in the torso, and then knife them to kill for max points! Also, let them come inside for the first few rounds for power ups! Though I wouldn't use just the knife past round 3 or so unless you bought the bowie knife. :D
Letting them in also gives you more points since you can then repair the windows.

Knifing past round 3 isn't actually as tough as it sounds. Just stand near a window and every time you hit them, walk backwards. Works fine, especially if you have more players than one or two.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Armored Prayer said:
It's almost impossible (without some luck) to find it in Kino der Toten.

Good short clip. I'd be OK with seeing a longer one.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
so why do people every time you shoot nazis in game imply that it's ok because they are all evil genocidal monsters anyway? most of the nazis you shoot are just soldiers who were drafted from across the German population in their late teens. They were not fighting because they sought Hitler was the single best thing since sliced bread, they fought because the alternative was prison.
this of course does not quite apply to the zombie mode here because well they are zombies, screw realism. This also does not apply to the last couple of levels where you exclusively fight elite SS devision.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Creator002 said:
Armored Prayer said:
It's almost impossible (without some luck) to find it in Kino der Toten.

Good short clip. I'd be OK with seeing a longer one.
Open the doors like this and you'll pass 4 decent box spawns on the way to the power: top of the stairs in the first room (750, and a chance the box will be right on the other side of the door for awesome games), then the next door past the first (1000 points I think) into the big corner room with the turret - the box likes to spawn in here a lot.

Then the next two doors past the big room towards the power will have two more chances at a box spawn. Then you can camp around the box for points until it moves away and you need to turn on the power.

I normally play in local split screen, but if you don't quit out all the way between matches, the starting spawn for the box will stay the same when you restart the level. Which is great if you have it behind the first couple doors.