Realistic platformers (any you like)

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
I grew up in the era of super nintendo and sega genesis, and one of the most memorable games i remember is Another world (out of this world), mostly because of those bear/gorilla/bull/things, and I wanted to know if there were any other realistic platformers like this (that you can still get, like on steam, good old games, on the itouch, ect.). Only ones im aware of is AW, the first 2 oddworld games, and something i cant really remember that i played on my old itouch (had alot of jungle and dying. if you can reccomend any (or if you know the name of the app i mentioned) please post!

weker

May 27, 2009
Assassins creed is the closest that comes to "realistic" tho he does have to be partly super human, i'll go hunt for other titles brb XD.

Edit: Limbo is fairly realistic with it's weighted feel.

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
weker said:
Assassins creed is the closest that comes to "realistic" tho he does have to be partly super human, i'll go hunt for other titles brb XD.

played limbo, its good. but i had older games in mind (i.e. those i listed). mostly im thinking 2d platformers from the 16-32 bit era.

weker

May 27, 2009
TrevorGruen said:
weker said:

played limbo, its good. but i had older games in mind (i.e. those i listed). mostly im thinking 2d platformers from the 16-32 bit era.
I doubt there is many games that are like Abe and Limbo as their famous for being that way.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Uncharted can be a pretty realistic platformer at times.

When you are not shooting up bad guys, you are either climbing or solving puzzles. Some of the climbing/platforming sections in Uncharted 2 were pretty crazy.

Check this out.

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
okay, again: I DONT mean 3d games, besides you guys are mostly describing the tomb raider style stuff. I refer to 2d realistic platformers. plain and simple.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Have you played Blackthorne? It's one of Blizzard's earliest games, a bit similar to Oddworld but with combat. It's pretty good if you can find it.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Uh, can't help with 2D, but if i had to say a 3D game, then maybe Mirror's Edge. I mean, it's not realistic in many ways, but then again, it is in others. I liked that game myself tho, quite fun running around and climbing, jumping in the first person perspective.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
varulfic said:
Have you played Blackthorne? It's one of Blizzard's earliest games, a bit similar to Oddworld but with combat. It's pretty good if you can find it.
Ninja'd

Yeah, that was going to be my suggestion as well. Great game.

Also, there's always the original Prince of Persia games. The series slipped downhill before it went 3D (and then started slipping again), but at least the first couple are quite good.

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
okay so i found the game i mentioned, its called flashback. but il take a look into blackthorne (already knew and want Prince oP) also heard the app version of mirrors edge is supposed to be better