Realistically Clean Up the Streets in Garbage Truck Simulator

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
Five different styles of truck? Revolutionary!

This feels like one of those titles bought exclusively by elderly relatives as a birthday gift when they hear you like games.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
NathLines said:
Traun said:
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]
Oh, good god! Is it the same developer? I HATE them with all my might. Who the fuck buys ONE TYPE OF TRAIN for 29,99?!? I'm too lazy to convert that to dollars.
I'll do the conversion for you, too fucking much.

AlohaJo

Nov 3, 2010
The part that scares me about this game is that it's called Garbage Truck Simulator 2011. Does that mean that there was a 2010, 2009, heck maybe even a 1997 edition? Or are they planning on making more editions in the future? It may just end up giving the Madden series a run for its money...

But then again the game could be interesting. Maybe there's an "Apocalypse Mode", where you have to maintain your garbage-picking route as the world collapses into non-existence around you.

CompostWithin

Mar 27, 2011
For those who don't know: This is only one of the many abominations published by the German company Astragon. They are pretty well known for pumping out overpriced low-quality stuff like this...

There is an agricultural simulator, digger simulator, road sweeper simulator, bus simulator, titanic - the diving simulator, demolition company simulator... you see where this is leading to.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Aeshi said:
Well it can't be any worse than Desert Bus...

Traun said:
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]
That works out to £773.31 in total (not including the actual game)! Holy crap!
Yeah, the DLC is insane.

Still, I do actually play train simulator. (What? I like trains OK?), but I got it in a steam sale for £5.

As much as I like the game (I wouldn't have played it for 106 hours if I didn't), I still wouldn't pay the full retail price for it, let alone what the DLC is going for...

But, garbage truck simulator?

Wasn't Ship simulator, Euro-freight truck simulator, fire engine simulator... Bus driver... Not to mention the classic; Flight simulator, I mean, where will it end exactly?

I know! Let's make transportation simulator: A sandbox game where you can get in and out of any vehicle you feel like, and be expected to drive/control it properly in whatever way makes sense.

That'll solve this whole 'sim' thing once and for all. XD

shasqueebo

Apr 16, 2011
CrystalShadow said:
Aeshi said:
Well it can't be any worse than Desert Bus...

Traun said:
That works out to £773.31 in total (not including the actual game)! Holy crap!
Yeah, the DLC is insane.

Still, I do actually play train simulator. (What? I like trains OK?), but I got it in a steam sale for £5.

As much as I like the game (I wouldn't have played it for 106 hours if I didn't), I still wouldn't pay the full retail price for it, let alone what the DLC is going for...

But, garbage truck simulator?

Wasn't Ship simulator, Euro-freight truck simulator, fire engine simulator... Bus driver... Not to mention the classic; Flight simulator, I mean, where will it end exactly?

I know! Let's make transportation simulator: A sandbox game where you can get in and out of any vehicle you feel like, and be expected to drive/control it properly in whatever way makes sense.

That'll solve this whole 'sim' thing once and for all. XD
How about a simulator simulator? You control a character in a simulator, who controls a character in a simulator, who...you get the point.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
shasqueebo said:
How about a simulator simulator? You control a character in a simulator, who controls a character in a simulator, who...you get the point.
Pime Taradox? :v

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
There was a game like this in Germany and some People actually bought it. About 12 i think.
You see some "dirt" decals on the street and then you could sweep them up. You could load trashcans, hire people and i will not bore you Guys with anymore of that.
There was a Garbage Truck Simulator before and it was boring.

There where other Games by the same Company, they made "Bus Simulator" in which you drove a Bus around, the "Farm-Simulator" in which you could harvest Grain and other stuff with a combine Harvester for hours. I knew a Guy who actually bought that game and enjoyed it for some Reason.
Maybe those Games get really good if you more Booze in your Body then Blood.

Another Game that can only be "enjoyed" while drunk is the "Construction Simulator". You can pick up a Pile of Sand and drop it somewhere else. Fun! And then you get to do it again with Gravel! And Dirt!

And of course there's the Train Simulator, in which you can drive Trains. Bleh...

Figures that games like that originate from Germany. What other Genres will we crazy People pioneer next?

Maybe a Game where where you get to fill out tax forms? "Press X to declare your former Application void as described in §37b, Subsection 3a of your Contract with the Blarg Company.".

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Okay, I think if you tried to make a game that was any more 'niche' than this, it would create some kind of singularity that would destroy the universe forever.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
My local game emporium stocks a wide array of these kinds of games, all made by the same company:
Forklift Simulator.
Truck Simulator.
Surgery Simulator. (no, really).
Tow Truck Simulator.
Crane Simulator.
And so on.

They all look like shit.
I think they're going for the "oblivious grandmother buying christmas presents"-crowd.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
$1198.31 for a train simulator and all of it's DLC? Who was stupid enough to buy it? The only reason we don't have all train's automated is because of unions.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Gardenia said:
My local game emporium stocks a wide array of these kinds of games, all made by the same company:
Forklift Simulator.
Truck Simulator.
Tow Truck Simulator.
Crane Simulator.
And so on.

They all look like shit.
I think they're going for the "oblivious grandmother buying christmas presents"-crowd.
I would play surgery sim fo sure.

OT:Just mod the sims. Simples

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Gardenia said:
Forklift Simulator.
Truck Simulator.
Tow Truck Simulator.
Crane Simulator.
And so on.

They all look like shit.
"I'm thinking about going out for training as a forklift operator, but I want to know if it's something I'd be able to handle and would enjoy before I do. If only there was some kind of inexpensive simulator..."

Aidinthel said:
Yeah, that looks great and all, but nothing will ever top this.
Damn, that looks like Harvest Moon on steroids.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I can't believe that people would really pay money to play these games! And I thought Farmville was bad! But this??