Realistically Clean Up the Streets in Garbage Truck Simulator

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Numachuka said:

Who buys these things?
first of all, that picture? I laughed.

Secondly, why wouldn't you do this? This seems like a perfect game to attempt that whole "realism" thing everyone is going on and on about. Why not play a game like this? We have crazy taxi, where you drive people in taxis. We have 18 zillion sandbox games where you're part of the mafia and go around and 'hit' people. We have games like Animal Crossing and The Sims where you build a house and furnish it with goofy things...

We have all these games that are supposed to be indicitive of a reality that you escape to, why not a driving simulator? Better yet, I wanna see a pizza delivery game! I wanna see a bus driver game! I wanna see a game where you run an amusement park! Oh wait, that one already exists.

yeb

Jul 6, 2010
thisbymaster said:
$1198.31 for a train simulator and all of it's DLC? Who was stupid enough to buy it? The only reason we don't have all train's automated is because of unions.
Train enthusiasts, man. The same people who spend hundreds of dollars building intricate railway models in their basements as a hobby, and there are probably more people willing to pay for that stuff than you think. While the garbage truck game is probably, um, garbage, Railworks 2 looks like a pretty serious simulator with nice graphics, the trains are pretty detailed and, since they're based on real ones, it might be that they have to fork some cash over to the companies that built them.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
(Wipes tear away from eye) This is the game I've been dreaming about! It's so beautiful!

Sep 14, 2009
after seeing the absolute oddness of all that train simulator crap on steam i'm not surprised by this..

but honestly, in their free time, WHO PLAYS THESE?!?! ESPECIALLY THE EXPENSIVE AS FUCK TRAIN ONE?!?

Sep 14, 2009
Gardenia said:
My local game emporium stocks a wide array of these kinds of games, all made by the same company:
Forklift Simulator.
Truck Simulator.
Surgery Simulator. (no, really).
Tow Truck Simulator.
Crane Simulator.
And so on.

They all look like shit.
I think they're going for the "oblivious grandmother buying christmas presents"-crowd.

hahahha that last line made me fucking snort juice fucking everywhere, that was hilarious and so fucking true. thanks for that.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
is this real?... this cant be really... your joking right?... yeah your joking...right?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
shasqueebo said:
CrystalShadow said:
Aeshi said:
Well it can't be any worse than Desert Bus...

Traun said:
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]
That works out to £773.31 in total (not including the actual game)! Holy crap!
Yeah, the DLC is insane.

Still, I do actually play train simulator. (What? I like trains OK?), but I got it in a steam sale for £5.

As much as I like the game (I wouldn't have played it for 106 hours if I didn't), I still wouldn't pay the full retail price for it, let alone what the DLC is going for...

But, garbage truck simulator?

Wasn't Ship simulator, Euro-freight truck simulator, fire engine simulator... Bus driver... Not to mention the classic; Flight simulator, I mean, where will it end exactly?

I know! Let's make transportation simulator: A sandbox game where you can get in and out of any vehicle you feel like, and be expected to drive/control it properly in whatever way makes sense.

That'll solve this whole 'sim' thing once and for all. XD
How about a simulator simulator? You control a character in a simulator, who controls a character in a simulator, who...you get the point.
Hmm... The Sims, when your Sim starts playing a computer game? XD

Sojoez

Nov 24, 2009
I would like an episode of Extra Credits on these games. Or have Yahtzee review one!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Wait...What... Is... What...?

...Is this...?

...Are we really...?

...I mean...

...oh dear...

...Are we really doing this? Is this for real? Is this a thing now?

Traun said:
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]
OH MY GOD.... That's a 30 bucks game, with 900 bucks worth of DLC! WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK? How do you even GET 900? worth of DLC!?

...Did anyone ever buy the whole thing...?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I'd like to see this combined with a mechanic where you can fish items out of dumpsters, fix them up, and use or sell them... sort of a "dumpster diving sim."

MurderousToaster said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MurderousToaster said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
GOTY

This is totally GOTY.
All years.
GOTE.

Game of The Eternities
GOAT.

Game Of All Time.
And then, when the awards come out, they will release a Game Of All Time Special Edition...

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
If I wanted to drive a dumptruck, I'd get that job.

Waste collection would be a great logistics game, in the vein of sim city where one would develop and expand a burgeoning sanitation business. Hiring and firing, buying newer cleaner trucks, landfill placement and mangements, etcetera.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I'd play it. I love games like that. Flight simulators and the like rock when they're realistic.

I'd really love to play an extremely realistic space flight simulator with modern and past space modules and shuttles. I'd love to lift off, fly to the moon, land, lift off again, and fly home, paying attention to all the panels and instruments and readings, and flip switches and turn knobs.

Stuff like that appeals to me because I can't do it in every day life. It's the same reason I play a Nascar game with the real track settings and laps.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I could see the (Admittedly niche) appeal in games like Farm Simulator and Train Simulator, some peeps just like vegetables and trains, but Garbage Truck Simulator? Who fantasizes about picking up waste?

Captcha: demented einal

I don't know what an einal is but I doubt it's dementia makes it any more pleasant. >_>

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I reviewed two of their previous works, Forklift Truck Simulator 2009 and Farming Simulator 2011, for the parody editions of my college newspaper. Surprising production value, actually. Though Forklift Truck Simulator was very obviously more of a training tool than an actual game, Farming Simulator actually had multiplayer. Never got to try it though, but that really seemed to say, "See, we're trying to make this an actual game!" Weird. But this is exceptional. Awesome. I'll have to try it.