Realistically Clean Up the Streets in Garbage Truck Simulator

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Traun said:
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]
Imagine a virus that stole your credit card not for your money, but so it could use it to buy you this game and all the DLC possible 0_o

*shivers*

The Random One

May 29, 2008
In real life, the garbage truck driver and the collector are different people. Thanks for ruining my immersive experience, Excalibur.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Congratulations. you made what is probably the least rewarding and most miserable job in the world into a "Game"

daskat

Nov 4, 2009
Meh, that game is to edgy for me, i can't wait for when they release Certified Public Accountant simulator.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Antari said:
Ok in some cases there are REASONS, its never been tried before.
Thing is...it has...

Speccy Trashman. Shame on you all for not remembering it. ;)
Yikes ... I may be responsible for blocking that game out of my mind. Judging by the graphics I was probably addicted to Spy Hunter or Paperboy at the time.

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
I've been sitting here with my mouth ajar for several minutes running through my mind how a project such as this could ever come to fruition. Who would think this game up, and through all the planning phases, still decide to go through with it? Who could they have hired to make the game who wouldn't, upon reading the job description, resolve to intentionally phone it in from start to finish? How did no one along the way realize that they are essentially making a joke, that they could easily have filled the same purpose this game will fill by having game stores place a very poor comic randomly on a game shelf somewhere?

From start to finish, there were hundreds of millions of opportunities in which, by rights, SOMEone should have stood up and canned the whole damn thing. That every single one of those opportunities were missed, the sheer improbability of it, is now slowly breaking my puny euclidean mind.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Train simulators are the virtual equivalent of model train sets. However Astragon's approach to simulation games is to simply make them about everything and see if people buy something (they also made Demolition Company, if you want to see something on Steam). Most likely they're all running on the same engine.

I believe they've seen some success with a farming simulator which led to other companies making some of those but I don't think it's hard to beat Astragon in quality.

I can see children being interested in this. I had some toy garbage trucks back in the day. They've also got diggers, demolition, etc, all of which seem like children might be interested in the topic. However they aren't arcadey enough for a child to enjoy them. I've seen a farming machinery simulator for children by a company that makes real farming equipment, maybe that's actual quality. I wonder if it's a human rights violation to make reviewers sift through all of these to see if any are worth playing...

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
YES! Just what I was always looking for!
Well why not have a simulator for everything, the matrix wont be coding itself you know, the first one atleast.