Realistically Clean Up the Streets in Garbage Truck Simulator

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Realistically Clean Up the Streets in Garbage Truck Simulator

Excalibur Publishing hopes you'll leave your real world cares behind to sit down and run a virtual garbage business.

Stealing a garbage truck in Grand Theft Auto [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Playstation-3/dp/B0045U01OG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303587899&sr=8-3] never felt quite right to me. Sure, you could plow through anything you wanted, but what about those of us that wanted to stop every 10 feet, pick up garbage, repeat a few hundred times, and then slowly hightail it back to the dump to get paid? Thanks to Excalibur Publishing's Garbage Truck Simulator 2011, now we can get that true garbage truck experience many of us desire.

Garbage Truck Simulator 2011 allows players to run their own refuse business in a fully 3D European city. You'll drive a realistic garbage truck on a garbage route, stopping to empty trash cans into the truck, and then move on to the next stop. Riveting, no?

[gallery=216]

Don't hate on it too much, because Excalibur is putting in more than just driving around to keep Garbage Truck Simulator 2011 exciting. Players can upgrade 5 different styles of trucks as they accumulate cash. Ignoring rules of the road, such as red lights, will lead to tickets, while players also have to watch out for police speed traps and accidents. Every dent and ding will lead to a repair cost.

Garbage Truck Simulator 2011 gives you direct control over your garbage collection crews, allowing you to "operate the intricately animated mechanisms for emptying and compressing your load into the back of the truck." I'm sold. Players have to manage various kinds of waste too, from domestic to industrial to toxic.

I know a game where you drive a garbage truck and have to wait for red lights sounds like it shouldn't be appealing, but there's something about these realistic simulators that makes me want to play them... or at least try them. I'm just wondering how deep this game actually goes. Can you accidentally spill chemicals on your collection crews, or on innocent civilians? Can you toss the garbage cans into someone's flower bed or crash through a house to get a game over? What we really need is a game like this, but with a little fun added.

Garbage Truck Simulator 2011 will be available in the UK on May 20, 2011 for £24.99, while supplies last.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
well, this certainly sounds... different...
the depth that they intend to put into it sounds interesting, but this doesnt feel like a game I would rather buy then, say, gears of war 3...
but who knows? maybe there will be a minigame where your driver goes ape-shit crazy and creates a minigun from spare parts found in the garbage that shoots toxic waste...

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I've always wanted to try Train Simulator..but this is going too far.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Traun said:
Oh boy! I hope it has as much DLC as their train simulator. I'll buy EVERYTHING! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/?snr=1_4_4__13]
Oh, good god! Is it the same developer? I HATE them with all my might. Who the fuck buys ONE TYPE OF TRAIN for 29,99?!? I'm too lazy to convert that to dollars.

sedKC CI9)

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
This would be cool to play, once, maybe twice, for about half an hour, if it was free. Beyond that, and while kudos must be given for following through such a bizarre idea (seriously, was this a drunken bet?) Why it exists is the problem. Why? Just Why? Who would pay for this?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
This seems like it would be better as a flash game. or at least something like minecraft's alpha costs.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MurderousToaster said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
GOTY

This is totally GOTY.
All years.
GOTE.

Game of The Eternities
GOAT.

Game Of All Time.
How much sarcasm are we dripping in anyway?

*checks Sarcas-O-Meter*

We are approaching lethal levels. Better lay off and not fill the topic with too much more sarcasm.

Southpaw Samurai

Mar 2, 2010
What I'd like to see is a remake of the old Commodore 64 (and it may have come out for other computers of the era) freeware/shareware Trashman, which was sort of like Paperboy (although not isometric, just straight top down) in that you rode through the neighborhood on the back of the garbage truck, jumping off to grab trashcans and empty them in your truck. The difference between that game and this simulator is that, like Paperboy, you were often jumped by pet dogs, or had to avoid traffic while crossing the street, etc. That was a fun, simple game.

This doesn't sound as fun. I suppose there's a market for it, but unlike Trains, I don't think many of us played with toy garbage trucks as a kid, pretending to pick up the trash.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Well it can't be any worse than Desert Bus...

Traun said:
That works out to £773.31 in total (not including the actual game)! Holy crap!