Really, Hide Your Kids: Antoine Dodson's Getting a TV Show

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Really, Hide Your Kids: Antoine Dodson's Getting a TV Show

The internet sensation, made famous in "Bed Intruder Song," will star in his own reality television show.

Antoine Dodson was interviewed on his local news after the attempted rape of his sister. Then his interview appeared on YouTube, was promptly auto-tuned, and went viral, so now he has a reality television show in the works. Entertainment One is producing the pilot for the reality program, and actress Kali Hawk (Couples Retreat, Get Him to the Greek) is on hand to executive produce.

We know very little about the program's content right now; all TMZ could report was that "producers have already shot a bunch of footage centered around Antoine moving out of Alabama and over to West Hollywood." As of this writing, the show has neither a title nor an airing network, but the "Bed Intruder Song" has seen over 67 million hits on YouTube.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter [http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/21/antoine-dodson-reality-show-bedroom-intruder-kali-hawk/]

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
No... No no no no noooooooo. No!

Not more of this "famous for being famous" reality shit. It was funny months ago when it was still fresh, now everyone is sick of him. I guess the tv execs think they can cash in on internet popularity, but they don't realize how fast people lose interest in net fads.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Profiting of off sexual attacks is always fun isn't it?
Worked for Chris Hanson, he made a mint off of turning the subject of child predators into entertainment.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I love the world so much right now. Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre...

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
squid5580 said:
Can someone please stop the planet? I would like to get off now.
Actually I only heard about it recently so it's still kiiinda funny for me, kinda.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
ProtoChimp said:
squid5580 said:
Actually I only heard about it recently so it's still kiiinda funny for me, kinda.
This is the first I have heard about any of it. I don't see any humor in it whatsoever. It isn't even funny in a sad sort of way. It is just really really sad that this is what has become of the human race.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
squid5580 said:
ProtoChimp said:
squid5580 said:
This is the first I have heard about any of it. I don't see any humor in it whatsoever. It isn't even funny in a sad sort of way. It is just really really sad that this is what has become of the human race.
Wait I quoted the wrong person, eh whatever. Yeah I see your point, but we all have that THING don't we, that THING we know is shit but just can't admit it.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
squid5580 said:
ProtoChimp said:
squid5580 said:
You can go ahead and be a downer. I, on the other hand, will be patiently waiting for the lolcats TV show.

Honestly, this is a terrible idea. This simply stopped being funny months ago. And even if it was the funniest thing ever made, milking it to death is always a bad idea. This and Sarah Palin's Alaska are the reasons why I don't watch TV unless it's Weeds.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
So let me get this straight. They want to make a show about some guy because that video went viral and they believe they can make a profit off of it? I can't see how they think this is a brilliant idea, it's like all people who make reality shows have brain damage. But then again reality shows seem to be popping up left and right lately and end up being really popular for some reason. I guess they're just following the trend of making a reality show and hoping for profit.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Nedoras said:
So let me get this straight. They want to make a show about a rapist because that video went viral and they believe they can make a profit off of it? I can't see how they think this is a brilliant idea, it's like all people who make reality shows have brain damage. But then again reality shows seem to be popping up left and right lately and end up being really popular for some reason. I guess they're just following the trend of making a reality show and hoping for profit.
Close but one key difference. Not a rapist but rather a guy who stopped someone from raping his sister.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
GiantRaven said:
Nedoras said:
So let me get this straight. They want to make a show about a rapist because that video went viral and they believe they can make a profit off of it? I can't see how they think this is a brilliant idea, it's like all people who make reality shows have brain damage. But then again reality shows seem to be popping up left and right lately and end up being really popular for some reason. I guess they're just following the trend of making a reality show and hoping for profit.
Close but one key difference. Not a rapist but rather a guy who stopped someone from raping his sister.
Yeah, I realized that now.

Sep 14, 2009
and this is why i dont watch tv anymore.

netflix, thank god your around, otherwise my tv would never be on for anything besides video games.