REALLY weird Japanese film I can't recall

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Ok so, this is a really strange film, that I recall finding at a Blockbuster WAAAAY back in the day (the 90s roughly). The cover art looked interesting, but I'll be damned if I can recall much about it. It's got some pretty disturbing imagery in it, so fair warning if you are squeamish.

So, it was a live action film, that I THINK was an adaptation of an anmie or manga, but that's pure speculation.

But, it was about some guy, dressed in brownish clothing, with a long cloak, wearing a half-mask sort of like Kato from Green Hornet, who was...I think a demon? Or a reborn ghost or something? I think he was from like feudal Japan era, but he was wandering around modern day Japan, I think on some supernatural revenge kick.

The only detail that sticks in my mind that might help narrow it down, is at one point, he encounters a female demon, dressed in a kimono, but very much looking like a sexy/slutty geisha. Slit up the sides, really open at the chest, etc. But, she was sort of like him, in that she wasn't human anymore, but maybe was at one time? I got the impression she was possibly a murdered wife/mother, who went bad as a result of the violence done to her. But, the thing about her that made me go "whoa...ok what the fuck movie?" was when she encounters the protagonist, and they start to fight, she draws her sword. But....her "sheath" for her sword, was literally her vagina. So we get a scene of her, standing ankle deep in a bog, squat and draw an actual, full length katana from her hoohah.

And, that's about the only thing I remember from the film. But it popped in my head the other night and it's bugging the shit out of me that I can't recall the name of it.

And since I know a lot of people on this forum are WAY more into Japanese cinema than me (and also possibly the manga/anime that I think it was based on), that someone might recall the film I'm talking about.

So yeah, any thoughts?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got nothing. I was hoping you would be referring to VERSUS, but once I saw your description, I knew that was not it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
But....her "sheath" for her sword, was literally her vagina. So we get a scene of her, standing ankle deep in a bog, squat and draw an actual, full length katana from her hoohah.
Can't help you identify the movie, so here is a fun fact: vagina is the Latin word for sheath/scabbard.