Rebecca Black's "Friday" Gets Unofficial Game Boy Game

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rebecca Black's "Friday" Gets Unofficial Game Boy Game

Navigating a virtual world as Rebecca Black could be the toughest gaming challenge of all time.

Anyone that hasn't seen the music video for Rebecca Black's "Friday" [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0] is depriving themselves of one of the greatest musical compositions the universe has ever known. Trust me on this one. YouTube's "smalesandpayne" have turned the story of the song into a Game Boy Color game, and boy is it tough.

First, players have to get out of bed. As if that wasn't enough, then they have to get dressed in "fresh" clothes. I know, impossible right?

Future quests ask Rebecca to "go downstairs," "get cereal," and "go to the bus stop," only rewarding players with a thumbs up each time. If Rebecca can make it through those horrors, she's faced with the game's first real dilemma.

Her friends pull up in a car with 5 seats, already holding 4 passengers. Rebecca has to choose a seat, but she can't sit in one that's already occupied. If she uses up all of her hearts picking the wrong seat, a rapper makes fun of her.

The game is only an animation at the moment, but I'd give up my weekends for a year to see an actual version made. It looks fun, fun, fun, fun. I just hope it comes with a strategy guide.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/gliwa/rebecca_black_friday_the_official_gameboy_game/]

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Finally! Game that will help train me in which seat to take when on a road trip with friends!

Im sick of making those silly mistakes! NO MORE WILL I PICK THE WRONG SEAT! HUZZAR!!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Dammit, why didn't they pick the right seat? I wanted to see a GBC version of the awkwardly dancing friend. :(

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
"Fresh" clothes? Thank you, now I know how to do that :D

I prefer these version though...xD

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The sarcasm meter is off charts for the year with this review.

anyway, I hope Nintendo cracks down on this.

Cenequus

Jan 31, 2011
Not to question everyones music taste since it mathers not in this case,but what makes this song so different and better than all those pop girly songs? Some time ago there we're young singers like Norah Jones who even if I didn't care about that kind of music you could tell she had talent. but this is just dull music with retarded lyrics and I'm not even hating on the song.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Pilkingtube said:
I'm scared for humanity that this song exists. D:
Yeah, about that... there's an even worse song than Friday now :p

I feel like she's taken bits of other songs and stuck it in there, also did u notice how they are all missing one tooth?

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Pilkingtube said:
I'm scared for humanity that this song exists. D:
Have you heard the Christian version of the song? It's called Sunday. Unfortunately despite saying "Parody Video" it is a real video by a church trying to gain media attention.

Simalacrum said:
Yeah, about that... there's an even worse song than Friday now :p

MY EARS...THEY BLEED!