Rebecca Mayes Muses: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
this is one of my favorites. the notes were a little strange, unresolved...which perfectly matched the mood.

nice Joker outfit, btw.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
This was hilarious. I think this was the first one of these I actually enjoyed.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Game just arrived via Gamefly and you just happen to sing it's non-lethal praises with a sweet melody. Loved the song.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
I'm not sure which is more adoreable, the Penguin playing the drum or the Riddler playing the banjo. Great work Ms. Mayes, keep being awesome.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
I just watch these vids out of a morbid curiosity.
I thought the cosplay was entertaining this time. Didn't like the song at all.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
D'aww, that was so sweet. Great song as well, and I quite liked the costumes. The Batman outfit could have used a bit more work, though... Was it made from trashbags?

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Can you please write more lyrics? Write a review and then sing a full song out of the review. I didn't quite like those songs, but they were ok. But there has to be change in the lyrics.

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
That was one refreshing part about Arkham Asylum that the character I was controlling didn't have an arsenal of guns to shoot bad guys in heads. A bit difficult to get used to at the beginning since it was so different from how I usually stealth (kill all the guards so they can't find me to call for reinforcements), but that's a good thing.

It was a bit weird, however, to hear all the voices from the animated series in the game and see dead guards the Joker and his henchmen killed. Not that death doesn't occur in the Batman storylines, especially the most recent movie, but it almost never did in the 90's cartoon. It was some strange mash up of nostalgia and present day that was mentally jarring.

So, yes Rebecca, I too enjoyed not killing anyone. And the costumes were well done. Keep it up.

hathfallen

Nov 7, 2007
you're very talented and your videos are entertaining but they would be 10 times more without the lyric subtitles, I actually covered them up with my hand this time and it made the video better. Post them in the comment thread if you must, but text is the biggest distraction in any visual media and you lose alot of attention to the more important parts of the video as a whole. This is an english language site, you're not singing in another language, we can understand you fine. Stop it already.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
One of the best, impressive to post new content so frequently and it be of this quality.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
This one is without a doubt my favorite so far. I liked the sounds, the lyrics, and the video, when I usually find something in one of the three that bothers me. It also made me reconsider spending the 60 bucks to get Batman... Not because of the fact you don't have to kill anyone, but because how much Rebecca liked the game clearly shows in the video. Though ever since The Sorrow boss fight in MGS3 I've been a lot more conscious about the murders I commit in any given game...

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
I really liked this song. I generally don't watch this show, but Batman drew me in, and the quality of this song might drive me to watching previous episodes, and definitely to watch new ones.

AmbrMerlinus

Feb 2, 2009
Not having to kill anyone is a rare thing in today's games. Glad I'm not the only one who appreciates it. Sweet song.

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
i gotta say, it shocks me that alot of people like this.
its not bad, but gamers tend to be more on the rock side of music.
i for one cant here stuff like this with out needing a nap or some anti-depressants.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Interesting that we have a song that ISN'T bashing the game (the most angry was Overlord II, the only one I strongly disagreed with).