Rebecca Mayes Muses: Batman: Arkham Asylum

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Nice video. The lyrics aren't too great and the music is forgettable, but together with the video it still made me smile.

Ardna Xela

May 28, 2009
Haha the Yahtzee costume was brilliant. :D

I love your songs, can't wait to here more of them in the future.

ILTE7

Nov 21, 2007
Interesting song

Great video to accompany it.

Oh, and please, either Rebbecca or someone who KNOWS the answer, please answer this question:

Can you play the instruments that appear in your videos? Because it never seems like you're actually playing anything...strange.

Oh, one last thing. Please do a song where there are no multi-layered tracks and washed-out back-volume vocals and instruments. Do one where it is just you, an acoustic guitar and nothing else. That would be sweet

tman_au

Mar 30, 2009
Awesome tune. Keeps getting better and better all the time. Keep up the good work :)

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
Damn, she is CUTE. She has a good voice too. Didn't really dig the song to much but it was not horrible. It was too chill for a song about Batman. It needed to be more metal, punk, or industrial.

mlkjhgfds

Nov 5, 2008
SyphonX said:
Nerdfury said:
I love how so many people, not content to just be nice, have to thinly veil their compliments with insults.

"It's not as shit as last week!"

"It's not NEARLY as repetitive as the last one!"

"Looks like you're not just relying on your tits as much any more!"

Great work as always, Rebecca. Though one question comes to mind - how do you NOT own a real top-hat yet? I thought you'd have a few of them lying around!
Those are just "Black Knights" (pun not intended in accordance with this video) trying to insult and injure to gain any attention possible from Rebecca, because they are just lonely ol' trolls. Of course some will be jealous teen girls, kind of like Megan on Family Guy.

This response kind of makes me like like a White Knight.. hmm, not intended. The White Knight, arch-nemesis of the Black Knight.

Or maybe they just want to express some appreciation for this particular video (the cosplay, or maybe because for once it's not trying to bash a game?) without making it look like they approve of the previous vids or the series.

After watching some... make that most, RMM videos, I just thought "what" and had a look at the comments to see how people reacted. Enter another "what", people actually LIKE these? Those posts you consider insulting actually have their place here.
If anything, they show that some of the people who don't enjoy the videos are still interested enough to comment. I think most don't bother.

And calling anyone who express their dislike trolls wouldn't make you a white knight. More like some eeebil vizier (xept, not smart). Twist that moustache!

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Looks like Rebecca Mayes is taking some suggestions on what to review!

http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/audioblog_rebeccamayes_8.htm

jimClassic

Jun 4, 2008
This is was a really cute video. This is the first time I've ever watched one of yours. I will be for more.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
It's true. A good Batman game should always have a non-lethal option. He's the Batman. He used his super-money powers to make not-guns so he wouldn't kill anyone.

And, as always, a beautiful song. Thank you, Ms. Mayes.

ChantoriaDemona

Apr 8, 2008
Gah, this song is TOO catchy, I think I've listened to it 5 times already in just one hour. "Do you want to know, what it is, that I like about you?" I'm going to be humming the chorus all day long now. But hey it's just that good!

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Strangest thing about Batman is that he is considered a scary man by the criminals when he doesn't kill.

That riddler was pretty... nice.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
TheMadTypist said:
I'm afraid this elicited an "awwww" from me. My roommate is threatening to take my Man Card.
You only have 1 Man Card left? i have at least 3. or maybe 2. anyway very cute song, sexy Joker outfit.

btw. am I the only one developing a huge crush on this girl? I've been singing her songs the whole week!

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Lovely little piece. I don't think I've ever seen Batman at a tea party. But what a nice way to celebrate his accomplishments with this latest title. Will be looking forward to next week's piece as well!