Rebecca Mayes Muses: Bionic Commando

RiffRaff

May 5, 2009
This is a bit of a back handed compliment: This is the first of your videos I actually liked.

WithHisHat

May 27, 2009
Once again, loved it (I feel like I just keep repeating myself.) I really like how you used the, "your no" line as a sort of chime later on. It just keeps getting better and better and I love it. Also, nice spidey costume.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
Is there any reason why you always look like you're going to cry most of the time in your clips?

Other than that I think I can see the musicale reviews catching on.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
the first one of your videos i like, maybe because it was about a game i actually had some interest in.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
It's funny how these things seem to keep turning into reviews of the video/music and nothing to do with the game she's describing in a form of musical review. Besides, it's like you're expecting fully produced platinum tracks to be released once a week with a perfect video, all done in the form of a video game review. Chill out people. She's doing an excellent job, her music is quite nice to listen to and I enjoy the shaky cam footage. Feels more indy and poetic.

I thought the review was spot on to the game. It was a pretty lame Bionic Commando spin off and it clearly ripped off the Spider Man swinging around without allowing for freeroaming (which made Spider Man swinging fun). I guess since they shut down the company this review could be considered a kick in the pants, but I'll assume Ms. Mayes was writing this before the announcement went up. Of course propping up a company who gave us such failure is not the way the induce quality gaming...

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Hehe, nice one, you're getting better. The other videos were especially fun thanks to the lyrics and the video itself, but this song is actually quite nice.

Silly_Billy

Jul 29, 2009
Well, unlike everyone else I think this is your worst video. Before I get flamed let me explain that this video is a A- and the song was a B. Your other videos were B+ with A- songs. I think you are very talented and the video was very good just not the best you've done.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
Wandrecanada said:
It's funny how these things seem to keep turning into reviews of the video/music and nothing to do with the game she's describing in a form of musical review. Besides, it's like you're expecting fully produced platinum tracks to be released once a week with a perfect video, all done in the form of a video game review. Chill out people. She's doing an excellent job, her music is quite nice to listen to and I enjoy the shaky cam footage. Feels more indy and poetic.

I thought the review was spot on to the game. It was a pretty lame Bionic Commando spin off and it clearly ripped off the Spider Man swinging around without allowing for freeroaming (which made Spider Man swinging fun). I guess since they shut down the company this review could be considered a kick in the pants, but I'll assume Ms. Mayes was writing this before the announcement went up. Of course propping up a company who gave us such failure is not the way the induce quality gaming...
I think it could be more simply put: Holy crap that rocked! A great review in a catchy Pretty little tune with neat footage some of which included a really cool looking game (I never played either) and some of which including a rather attractive (get that drool rag away from me mother!) looking girl.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
My roomate was highly anticipating this game when it came out. Bought it day one. Played it for about two hours. Then downloaded the original off XBLA and has been playing that since.

As for the video, I think I liked the other two more, but even this one is really nice. And Mayes definitely has talent. Tons more than I ever will for sure. Great job!

Keep them coming! Turning into my second favorite video on the escapist.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
NO! Just no... A gaming song should be something you could relate to, not completely new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgbWwhmVbM&feature=channel

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
So to please audiance with other tastes we go to more "modern" style which is bit-tastic. It's still damn catchy and usage of ingame dialouqe was something new :D

I wanted to say "I'll take you even to B.C. if you want to" but that would fail if I were to fullfill my promise.

Dastardos

Jan 4, 2009
I still liked the Sims one more, but I think this one was better than the Ghostbusters one.

Good job though, keep 'em coming.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
slipknot4 said:
NO! Just no... A gaming song should be something you could relate to, not completely new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgbWwhmVbM&feature=channel [ Nhym]
...I don't think I quite understand what you mean by that. Also, you mixed up where the URL should be and where Nhym's name should be. might want to fix that so you don't continually get a 404.

These are just getting better as time goes on. Liked the Techno feel. Anyway, yeah, Bionic Commando sucks hard.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
This is the best song so far. You made some good points about the game, tried a different style and included in-game dialogue. Nice work!

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
Wandrecanada said:

I completely agree with this, and as an addendum I actually really enjoy the songs musically, I keep remembering "The Sims 3" tune, very catchy. The videos are alright for what they are, it's all about the tune for me, and I think she was very much more of a reviewer here, which worked well. Haven't played BC so I'll have to take your word for it...

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I'm still not sold on this feature... I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to get from it, not so much comedy really and I can't take it as a serious song since its about a game. I'll still watch this one for now, see if it improves since I think you obviously can sing and make music.

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
the only good thing that i could say is that the music improved.
i did not think it was funny but maybe i just didn't get the jokes.

i liked the first two more then i liked this one. and that is the good way to say that i think this one was bad