kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
Abedeus said:
kozmo said:
Abedeus said:
kozmo said:
Abedeus said:
polygon said:
The amount of criticism this is getting compared to startups of the other series on Escapist is amusing to me. It's obviously not the worst thing on this site (Unforgotten Realms still holds that crown), so it's got to be because of one of two reasons (or both):

A) It's not going for annoying predictable humor. What is this? There's no punchline! How do I react?! This must suck!
B) She's a girl. GIRLS CAN'T MAKE INTERNET VIDEOS.

That's not to say I like it; the lyrics have too many segments where they flow awkwardly and the whole "musical review" thing doesn't suit my fancy (the music is good, though). But there's far worse on this site.
Yeah, UR is the worst. That's why a lot of people watched it before it got on the Escapist. Hell, I think a whole season was on the official site before they transfered here.

Also, you obviously didn't see how crappy the first few Apocalypse Lane episodes were. But they are funny now, maybe because they listened to people and stopped using fart jokes.
Please stop complaining, it is very unnecessary and irritating.
If you didn't like the video, I get it.

But stop telling people how much you hate
You know there was little complaining... I mean, NO complaining in the post you quoted?

Sarcasm in the first part, compliments in the second.
no you didn't get it, you said that apocalypse lane improved now that they listened to what people said and stopped using fart jokes. i thought that by that you meant to say that Rebecca doesn't listen to what people says and uses fart jokes which to my opinion is complaining

but never mind that, I probably just didn't understand what you really meant.
Wow, don't think so much, it's not working out.
Look, I said I am sorry, it is just that there were so many comments that you complained and complained, so I just thought you were complaining here.

If you don't like the video, that's fine with me

But why did you keep on complaining so much?

I was wrong about you complaining in that comment, you were not complaining about this video, you were complaining about the first episodes of apocalypse lane.

And that is different, right?

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
I think you're on the right track. This could develop into something quite interesting.

I thought this song was incredibly catchy.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I'd find this more interesting if it wasn't dance music, any genre other than this would fit better in my opinion. It is something new though in any case and I will keep watching.

Ambitious Sloth

Aug 1, 2009
Like most other I'm not quite sure what exactly your work is whether it some sort of review or a way of making jokes about the game. Their not always funny or to the point though so I think that a really general name for this would video game based/inspired music.

In that light this song is actually really good! It's a different style for your other two but that's fine. It seemed you were trying go for a more retro style which you reached but wasn't quite complete. Most of the elements were there but there a feeling of emptiness in it that stayed there even though it is a multilayer song.

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
I got on probation for this?
All i said was it lacks content, is not funny, the musics not great and i think the focus is too much on showing how pretty she is.
I had different expectations while watching her vid's and now i have changed them and i'll give them another chance.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Dammit, the beginning, from about 00:07 to about 00:15 is extremely similar to another piece of music, I think it's from the early 90's, anyone else get that feeling? It's driving me mad not remembering the piece. I'm currently going through all music Daft Punk ever made to see if it's some of theirs that this reminds me of.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Mertruve said:
OLOLOL DOWNTOWN STRINGS LIBRARY
Please if your going to post, post something legible, and intelligent. On topic I enjoyed this video, and I hope her next videos can improve on these ones. It could very well become something I watch regularly

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Well done, again I really liked it. I have to admit that when I watched the first video, I was a little worried that it wouldn't really fit together as a good medium, but happily I was proven wrong. I can honestly say as well that this series is the first one on the Escapist where I've gone and rewatched videos, simply because I liked them enough to merit that. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really do like these videos, especially the fact that you seem to change the style each time so it's not becoming generic or boring. And that's a good thing, Rebecca. Keep it up and I reckon most of the people who've expressed dislike will eventually warm, because this series has a lot of potential. In the meantime, just keep up the good work :)

BustaNinja

May 20, 2008
Those are Garage Band loops. The apple program? Yeah...

But thats not to say its not well done. I kinda liked it.

noolli

Feb 5, 2008
Is there going to be an album with the current stuff and more stuff that will be available within the near future?

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Hmmm, no video this week.

If you people scared the lovely Rebecca Mayes away with your negativity then I will hunt you all down.
Yeah I got a crush on the girl with the guitar.
And I've also been listening to the Sims song constantly and I was looking forward to this being a regular feature.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
This is one of those things that gets better with time and experience.

Besides, we Escapists are harsh critics, so I'd say beyond all that, she's doing good. But I'm shocked that she didn't take her shoes off at any chances this time. Or did I miss it?

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
This one is my favourite this far. It's got such a catchy tune to it. I find myself putting this one on in the background often while I'm racing or even working.

I hope these will get released on a CD sometime in the future. Looking forward to it.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Better than Felicia Day. If they aren't already your videos should be made available for download on Xbox Live or PSN.

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
Good choice to appear on Gameswipe, your Madworld video intrigued me enough to visit your other videos.

THis and Wolverine are definitely your best, hopefully you'll realise your strengths and play to them.