Rebecca Mayes Muses: Christmas Song

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I'm sad to see you go Rebecca, but it's been great to have here in the first place. :)I loved this final song, and I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors. And I wish you a Very, Very Merry Christmas. (That goes to all of you Escapists too)

Your top ten list was a bit crap though... :p

Pumpkinmancer

The Pumpkin is our salvation!
Sep 20, 2010
Did not really care for this song much, it seemed to lack inspriation in subject as well as musicality.

Top ten? Really, those were your top ten?

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Brilliant! Already stuck in my head.

Happy Holidays, Ms. Mayes. Know that at least one Escapist will be missing you when you're gone.

Fritzn

Mar 2, 2010
Merry Christmas Miss Mayes! I wish you the best of the season! and only success in your future endeavors! I will miss your Escapist Music Videos, but will continue to look forward to your new albums and whatever else you may post on your blog! we'll miss you!!

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
I'll be honest -- I always thought Miss Mayes' work was uneven. But that's precisely why I appreciated the feature here on The Escapist. Here's a person who has no budget, very little time, and even seems just a little bit shy. Nevertheless, she's trying her damnedest to put some entertainment together, and that honest, authentic effort made it worth watching.

Miss Mayes, you will be missed here.

Uberpig

Nov 20, 2009
I'll be keeping an eye out for your future endeavours. Hope to see you on TV again if Charlie Brooker ever does another Gameswipe.
PS: Naughty Bear made your top ten? I've never played it, but I still feel the need to question your taste on that one. :)

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Very good song. I liked the irony of the "top 10 christmas games", opposing the seasons' feelings with the violent themes of the games.

I'm one more who will miss the Muses here on the Escapist, but will be paying attention to what you do elsewhere. So long and thanks for all the music.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Oh.

Now it's over. Just like when ZeFrank ended The Show.

I'll miss your music and your insightful commentary. I'll miss your clever turns of phrases. I'll miss you awesome music videos.

I'm looking forward to your non-gaming album, I hope it comes out soon!

Best of luck in all your endeavors. The Escapist will be the poorer without you.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Endocrom said:
Is this the end of Rebecca Mayes Muses?
Yes, it is. Sadly enough.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us for all these months, Rebecca. I hope this wasn't the last we heard of you, and I wish you all the best in 2011!

Apr 28, 2008
My favorite song yet. Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you find greener pastures Rebecca. You songs have always been a treat.

Apr 28, 2008
The Random Paradox said:
Impluse_101 said:
I'd be sad if you left the escapist...but I'd be ok in the end..
I'm sorry to break the bad news to you but... http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/audioblog_rebeccamayes_29.htm
My internets being screwy and not letting me view the page. I got that she's leaving, but would you be able to give me some more detail? Possibly just copy/paste whats there to hear so I can read it?