Rebecca Mayes Muses: Crackdown 2

Allan53

Dec 13, 2007
Really enjoyed this one. Thought you drew a good parallel between the zombie enemies of the game (I'm guessing, I haven't actually played it) and the mindless consumerism of Western, capitalistic society. Plus, and I may be reading a little too into it, contrasting the "superhero" with the game developer? A stereotypical "positive" image, contrasted with the companies who churn out samey action games? We, the "meatball zombies", support the game companies, and where would a "superhero" be without enemies to fight (those selfsame zombies). Potentially something there about the inherent conflict between consumers and producers (no matter what a company does, there will always be people bitching about the game).

Of course, there is a very real probability that I totally missed the point.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Ms. Mayes, I'm a fan, have been since I joined The Escapist. I dig your groove, I love your tunes, some of them thoughtful, some of them witty. This was by far the quirkiest I think I've heard yet. Loved it so much I thought I'd say so. Cheers!

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
White room, white outfit nice match.

I have watched every single of her videos but it was before I had created an account, must go back to do it again.

I go to see a lot of women musicians for some reason, don't know why I just enjoy them more and we have the music to talk about also.

Hi Rebecca, there are lots and lots of places you could play if you ever wanted to come out to Australia.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
I would say this is my favorite song by her after Madworld. I like how this one mixed it up a bit, it seemed to go a little quicker/upbeat toward the middle, and I liked the lyrics. Well done.

The beautiful body in a leotard helped.... I'm just saying.

snotvomit

Mar 20, 2009
Another superb song and good video.

Brightened up my Friday as always. Keep it up Rebecca - please!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
This looks like it was fun to make (though the video editing may have been a bit of a bear.) Catchy hook on the song, and I like the idea of consumers as zombies wanting to be super-heroes.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
After what I thought was a clunker of the Cybertron song, I think Rebecca Mayes has her groove back with this cool video. :)

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
I'm betting a lot of the "meatball freak" references would make a lot more sense if I knew much about the game. Rebecca, your videos are always very artistic, I hope you never lose that visual flair.

I personally hope the next game you pick to review you end up liking because the speed and tone of the songs you write for games you like usually seems to be closer to the sound of music I like (Though I really liked "Chainsaws & Swear Words" but isn't it true there are exceptions to every rule?) Which isn't to say I dislike the songs for games you don't like, I've like all your songs so far at least some, just as a preference I notice the games it would appear you would recommend are also the songs more conducive to the sound I personally enjoy.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
It's great to see you back, Rebecca. I'll admit I've been missing your musings too.

Like the others, I have to echo that this song was an absolute corker. A nice scathing attack on the gaming industry for being dull, samey and unimaginative will always net you some approval from me. :)

I can't wait to hear your next song.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Melody: Meh
Lyrics: Pretty good. Loved the part about how people would by anything with the number 2 stuck on the end.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Its nice that now you can use a game as a starting point to criticise the system in general. Nice work. You can probably do that with other feeling and emotions when you run into them.....that would be nice. Like a theme song the game never had....

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Sober Thal said:
It's getting really lame.

Just because someone tells you a few things that happen in game doesn't mean you can write a meaningful song/improve/jam session and impress any real people.

Seriously, stop now please. You are embarrassing yourself.
I bet you like I hit it with my axe.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Sober Thal said:
murphy7801 said:
Sober Thal said:
It's getting really lame.

Just because someone tells you a few things that happen in game doesn't mean you can write a meaningful song/improve/jam session and impress any real people.

Seriously, stop now please. You are embarrassing yourself.
I bet you like I hit it with my axe.
Funny story about that.....

I got banned from saying how I liked I Hit With Axe!

You can't call someone who makes videos on this sight the same words they call themselves in the videos.

That's why I am holding back my opinions on the make a home video girl.
I got suspend for saying I hit with my axe is like a violated rotten corpse that is just degrading to watch and thats only because the person who posted it say it because the video had oh say 12 post because no one watchs it.