Rebecca Mayes Muses: Fable 2

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
1,789
0
0
...And that had what to do with Fable 2 exactly?

About the only relevant part of the song sounded to me was when you were singing about the evolution of the character, how he or she changes with the choices you make. 'Shedding your skin'.

I didn't really get what 'today is the day' was referencing though and it was repeated far too much for my liking. Felt like that's all the chorus consisted of and it fell really flat.

Despite my negative criticisms i realise that these videos are more of an artistic statement than anything of any academic merit, just like we all watch Yahtzee's videos for the sole reason we can see a caricature of a man slag off just about everything for completely arbitrary reasons in the name of comedy and i appreciate what you're going for here.

I would like to see some more unique songs such as your a-capella of Worms.
 

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
7,840
0
0
cefm said:
maddawg IAJI said:
voidspawn said:
This game only came out 2 years ago.. way to stay relevant.
And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?
I seem to recall Yahtzee just did a Shadow of Colossus (PS-2) review last month. But don't mess with him - he'll gutter your knoblywockers (or whatever incomprehensible threats Brits living in Australia make.)
And strangely enough, I felt like that was one of the best ones he has done in a while.
 

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
5,630
0
0
Epic. Again another masterpiece =D Getting really back on form!
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
cefm said:
maddawg IAJI said:
voidspawn said:
This game only came out 2 years ago.. way to stay relevant.
And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?
I seem to recall Yahtzee just did a Shadow of Colossus (PS-2) review last month. But don't mess with him - he'll gutter your knoblywockers (or whatever incomprehensible threats Brits living in Australia make.)
FUU
first one mentioned was april fools and the second one mentioned was something i would have thought you'd have noticed is a trend of yahtzee; when game releases slow and there's nothing new and interesting he usually reviews an old favourite
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
 

daedalus71

New member
May 6, 2010
2
0
0
Hmmm, nice song and video. Conjures up that wonderful excited feeling I get playing a new adventure game, when I feel like I'm just stepping into a gorgeous dream.

I'm not sure what "today is the day" means, though. I'll have to listen to this one a few times ...
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.
 

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
2,231
0
0
A lovely song. I didn't care much for the game, but I like how this invokes the visuals and choices (significant or no) from the first two games as Fable 3 looms on the horizon.
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.
But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.
But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol
Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.
But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol
Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."
But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.
 

LetoTheTyrant

New member
Apr 19, 2010
95
0
0
Last couple of videos were not quite too my tastes, musically I guess. This one, feels like a return to form, or rather style that I like and think works well for you.

A beautiful little song.
Bit of a weird video mind...
 

Rebecca Mayes

New member
Jul 6, 2009
294
0
0
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.
But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol
Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."
But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.
Please, oh please do not tell me how to form a paragraph. The last thing I need is English tips from you.

Just to prove my point:

*In a normal paragraph, you have a point and an explanation. Whereas in your original post, you had two arbitrary points - one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just have two random points.*

Please, learn the language before telling others how to use it.
 

wulfy42

New member
Jan 29, 2009
771
0
0
I liked it but I think it would have been better if you ended it with stepping out of the fable/world or as someone above said "Today is the day I wake up" meaning you are done with Fable 2 and perhaps looking forward to Fable 3.

My impression is that you liked the game and it drew you into it's world. I thought it was a great review without being an actual review. The joy you have for the game and the immersion you felt in it came through from your video and I think it's sad many people do not see how the song is relevant to Fable 2.

If I hadn't already played it I would want to after seeing your video. Great job.
 

Tolerant Fanboy

New member
Aug 5, 2009
339
0
0
Thank you for not using the filter for the whole song. My eyes are a bit sore still...

In any case, as always, a beautiful song with a nice bit of commentary slipped in that won't detract or distract when heard out of a critical context.
 

V161

New member
Dec 8, 2009
47
0
0
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid



another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.

But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol
Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."
But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.
Please, oh please do not tell me how to form a paragraph. The last thing I need is English tips from you.

Just to prove my point:

*In a normal paragraph, you have a point and an explanation. Whereas in your original post, you had two arbitrary points - one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just have two random points.*

Please, learn the language before telling others how to use it.

While the song may not be my favorite, the intellectual discourse it's started is awesome!
 

nk19

New member
Apr 6, 2010
4
0
0
that put me in great mood, awesome song.

ps thought i was watching take on me in during the start.