Rebecca Mayes Muses: Fable 2

JaeKin

Text Ninja
Oct 20, 2009
I almost always enjoy your songs, but the videos I usually struggle with. I can't ever decide if it's trying to tell a story, or just show some images from the game, but it never seems to quite mesh with the music. I think you should just show the game in one solid block with you singing, and try to tell a story with it that way, but that's just my two cents. (Kind of like you see a lot with MMORPG videos, but in this case with varying games played to original music, versus a rogue in PVP combat to Requiem for the Dream for a million time or something.)

Anyway, I definitely like the song, nice voice.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I really liked this one. Calm and relaxing with a nice and catchy tune that I just know will not be getting out of my head any time soon. Keep up the fantastic work Rebecca.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Bravo! My wife liked it as well- to the point she felt compelled to wander in the room and say "What is that you're listening to!?! It's really catchy, but in a subtle way...!"

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Rebecca Mayes said:
ghii3 said:
another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
I'm making a non-gaming album in between!

More details on blog http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/audioblog_rebeccamayes_26.htm
I normally don't like your music (sorry) but i really liked this one. Perhaps writing songs about games is not your things and instead you should only focus your songs on stuff closer to your heart because that were you seem to shine the most.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I feel all warm and fuzzy now. And I am one of the few people who loves Fable, apparently.

Thank You Miss Mayes, I'm happy now :)

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Song was once again fantastic but I'm really not sure what it had to do with Fable 2. Even in a subtle metaphoric way i'd be hard pressed to link the two. Still. Awesome song.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
ghii3 said:
Cassita said:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.
because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?
Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.
But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol
Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."
But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.
He said he likes her. Why do you guys keep trolling him?

Nice vid.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Lovely music, I've always liked this whimsical-sophisticated-hippy style, and it's what you do best. Still, I wish the lyrics would either all rhyme or none at all - having half the song rhyme and the other not really stops it flowing.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
I think I have a new favourite. This was great!

Am I the only one who was reminded of those animation sequences in Monty Python's Flying Circus when Rebecca started flying?

oranger

May 27, 2008
Wow, she certainly caught the feeling I got playing fable 2...it really was dreamlike, almost lucid in its ability to let you do all kinds of stuff and just...transition to something else.
I wish there was a ps3 version as I've long since sold my ailing 360 (got one of the early ones, paid what people paid for the later ones, and felt betrayed. Plus it crashed a lot.)

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
TrogzTheTroll said:
The review parts are better than the song part anyways.
See, I have the polar-opposite opinion. I like her lyrics better when they have that multiple interpretation. But when she's directly 'reviewing' something, I think she sounds bad. Like she's reading, not singing.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Draconalis said:
maddawg IAJI said:
And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?
Unskippable doesn't review games, they just make fun of bad openings. That is a difference here.
And neither does Rebecca Mayes. She just makes songs to mock the game she is talking about. Besides, what does it matter? She was doing this one because Fable 3 comes out in a few weeks. You are also aware she writes these songs and often had quite a few of them up long before she joined the Escapist.

Heck, the Resident Evil 5 one was on the internet the week she joined the site.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
I liked it, will have to get the album soon to go on my iPod with Joana Newsom, Clare Bowditch, Sally Seltmann and a heap of others no one else is probably heard of mostly women on my iPod for some reason, don't know why.