Rebecca Mayes Muses: Halo Reach

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Excellent work putting these uplifting and powerful words to music. Your style is uniquely suited for conveying this message.

snotvomit

Mar 20, 2009
Ooh! That was good :)

This monthly format seems better - much more polished songs. Lovely to listen to.

Great work.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Splendid piece of creativity! And as always, its not just your music that matters, its the message and mindset behind the music that are equally important!

I do understand that some people focus on the music part and try to find flaws or dislikes, yet they seem to forget that this is not commercial music made to dance or to make money.
As far as I have experienced it, it is musical art/philosophy that tries to combine your view on games, social values/human psychology and the world as a whole with your instrumental and vocal skills!

I wouldn't mind being as multi-talented as you Rebecca.
Alas butterfingers and musical instruments don't match, ghehe.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Oy... Okay, great music, good message if overdone, but what in the fuck does this have to do with Reach besides having Halo as it's title? I mean, Rebecca, you make good music, but I have yet to hear a song that doesn't just use the game's title as a jumping off point for some other message, completely diverting from the material you're dragging your audience in for. The exception is the hate message you sent Yahtzee, and that's, honestly, your best song because of it.

But, like I said, good song. If it wasn't supposed to be connected to Reach it would have been great.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Anyone with me thinking Mayes has gotten more obscure over time? Help me out here, I haven't played the game, but what does this have to do with Halo?

Dragon-Byte

May 21, 2009
Best one yet!!
Beautiful message, uplifting yet compromising on the human condition.

Very impressed

Damn
Good
Damn
Damn
Damn
Good
Damn
Damn
Good
Good
Damn
DAMN

...GOOD

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
When I left school my English teacher handed out copies of Nelson Mandela's inauguration speech for everybody. It was telling us that we could go on from there and achieve anything, and never to be afraid of success. Since that English class was probably the seed that made me want to write for a living, that speech has some personal meaning to me.

Most of that English either has more kids than fingers or are spending most of their adult lives in prison now. I think they may have missed the point of the speech somewhat...

I haven't played any Halo game after the first one (which I thought sucked) so I don't know how this links into the game (besides the title appearing in the chorus). But I loved the song regardless, it was uplifting and powerful. Exactly what you'd expect from a Rebecca Mayes song.

I thought the line 'get in the driver's seat, get out of the passenger's seat,' was particularly clever. Nice little dual meaning there.

GUNGUNGUN

Nov 19, 2009
Lovely song, but where is the actual part about Halo? Call me crazy but I think these songs were originally meant to have a video game theme.

Apr 17, 2009
Xombee said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Yet another ballad with a repetitive chorus...sigh...Whatever happened to wanting to try new things?
You are the halo you are the divine sung twice is repetitive? I don't think you know how to song.
It's said five times. Each time in the exact same way. I don't think you know how to count. Or spell

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Wow, your songs have really gotten better since you started posting them with more time in between. This is probably my favorite so far, not due to how it reflects the game, but marely on its own merits. The soundscape is amazing is amazing and the lyrics are really inspiring. This just made my day!