dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
dirty girl.

but i don't get it.

the music is nice as allways.
different, but still good.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I enjoyed this, it was definately a break from the norm. I also strangely enjoyed the video, you're a pretty good dancer.

Qwezz

Sep 30, 2009
1st of all...OMG what an epicness!!!
2nd, I <3 your work Rebeccca, I fell in love with the album and especially the 'bonus track' and I hope you'll stay youself throughout all the negative critics.
3rd, be glad you don't live in my hometown otherwise I'd be all over you :p

3_of_8

Mar 18, 2009
That was certainly... different. I appreciate it when people go out of their "comfort zone" and try something completely different, something that could go horribly wrong instead of what they always do and what they know will work. However, the style of music in this song is not entirely my cup of tea, and the video (which, of course, is incredibly sexy, and I'm sure most people will agree with me on that) is a bit weird. Even more than in most songs, the whole thing was very cryptic, and I didn't get the message at all - but I don't know the game, so that may have something to do with it. But, again, I appreciate the fact that this is something completely different from all the previous songs, and I'd love to hear some more "experiments"; while I may not like every single song, I'm always looking forward to listening to the latest one every week.

Well, after reading your blog entry I think I understand the message now, and it even makes perfect sense to me. I don't get why you keep mentioning "armpit hair" though, I don't see how the fact whether someone has hair in their armpits is significant in any way. Also, I don't get the argument that it's "natural". Of course it is, but just because something is natural doesn't necessarily mean it's good - dying from an infected appendix is natural, too, and still most people prefer having it removed. If people prefer not having armpit hair (or prefer women without it), how is that a bad thing? (I'm not arguing for or against it, all I'm saying is I don't see how it's significant in any way and why people even care about it in the first place)

Anyway, trying to get away from the topic of hair... I think the meaning of many songs, while perfectly understandable after being explained, is much too hidden, even obscure at times. Not sure if that's a bad thing, this way, people are forced to make their own interpretations, however, my first interpretation was "Okay, what the hell is this?"

And another thing: I don't get the banning going on here all the time. I certainly don't agree with Grand_Pamplemou's statement, in fact, it seems like they take their own "reduced" of Rebecca Mayes's videos (i.e. that they are only interesting because she looks good) and claim that this is what everyone sees in them, but that is just not true. Also, Grand_Pamplemou was a bit rude in their post, they could have been more polite, but ultimately, all they did was state their personal opinion, and I really think people shouldn't get "banned" for this, you could even go so far as to say it's borderline censorship.

(I apologise for any language-related mistakes in my post, feel free to correct me)

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
Probably the weirdest song and weirdest video so far, but then again Heavy Rain is a pretty weird game so a good musical review would have to be so also.

The beat and baseline were especially rhythmic, good job there.

deepshock

I'm more here for the mainpage.
Oct 14, 2009
I watched the video once, then I played it again while browsing another forum. The experience didn't get any worse or better without the video. That means that the song and the video both fit and deserve each other in a pretty good way. The only things a little off about the whole thing were that the song 1) paces itself a bit too slowly at start (though the intro WAS a nice touch), and 2) some of the sound effects obscure the singing a tad. Point two may have been intentional, and an artistic choice, though.

Still, it was a good song even in spite of those two points.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Whoa...I think I started tripping just by listening to this. That's not to say it's bad-- because it's definitely on the "good" side of things-- but it's really, really, wacky. I can't imagine what this would do to a guy if he was high at the time...

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
.. WTF?!?

Sorry to say that was my least favourite song of all.

Maybe the Heavy Rain was also that insubstantial. But frankly I though that entire song was terrible.

chronolos

Apr 20, 2009
......... indeed.

honestly though, I didn't even notice the arm hair until you pointed it out.

TETSUOrocks

Oct 20, 2009
Wow. Catsuit. I wouldn't typically expect that from you.

It's not uncommon to see Catsuits in high art videos. It was a good song even if I had trouble getting the lyrics. You didn't post captions this time for some reason. I haven't played the game but I'm sure the song respresents it well.

Cymraegddraig

May 20, 2004
Another fantastic video by you Rebecca. My only comment would be the lyrics were quite hard to hear. I can't say i noticed the armpit hair either but we're loyal fans who love you for your creativity so who cares about armpit hair :)

Keep up the great work !

McShizzle

Jun 18, 2008
Mud in a river near cows! Eww, ew, eww, eww, eww. You're going to get some kind of ear or soft tissue infection for sure. I would've had a Purell bath after that shoot.

docbox1567

Nov 10, 2009
One of my favorite things about Rebecca is that what she does is not obvious. It is nice to have someone create something that forces you to interpret its meaning rather than have it spoon fed to you. On the surface, the first thing that I saw wasn't a sexy woman in a tight leotard, I saw a very brave woman not afraid to look foolish in front of a camera. I cannot imagine what it would be like to edit a video of yourself dancing in the mud or dancing like no one is watching. Very brave.

I also think this brings up a good question about sexuality. An attractive woman in a tight outfit appears on camera. We see that she moves seductively through gray skin and atmospheric music. We have stopped caring about what she is doing because an attractive woman dancing in tight clothes can only be displaying her sexuality. She could be soliloquizing Shakespeare's sonnets with a pure conviction of love, but her slender shapely body drowns out her voice and all we see is what we choose to see. An attractive woman has no voice in mainstream world and her shouts through damp mud and cold still water boils down to the one thing that we expect all attractive women to be, and that's why we do not see women but sex.

Again, very brave.

ensouls

Feb 1, 2010
Huh.
Admittedly I only know what the game is about or like vaguely, but this didn't seem very relevant to it. As an experimental video it was interesting, but I've no idea what it had to do with Heavy Rain. Perhaps if it was easier to hear the song...?

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
Why do all of her other videos have the words on the side of the screen, but this one, where you actually need them, doesnt? Does she even know what the words were?

robakerson

Feb 19, 2010
I'm going to be (I think) the first to say I actually appreciated the lack of subtitles.
I found them distracting in a few of the other videos, and they *really* wouldn't jive with the repetitious and quick techno-beat displayed here.

"What does it. Wh. What does. What does it mean to."
I would find it quite irritating to have this flashed on the screen :\

That being said, loved the song, didn't really understand the video (but I haven't played HR), and I'm not going to jump into the debate on sexuality.

Cheers.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Everybody else thinks intellectual things about the song.. I look at the cows near the end and go *squee*.. I don't think i'm as smart as the rest of Rebecca Mayes' fans :(