Rebecca Mayes Muses: Heavy Rain

Darkpen

Nov 26, 2006
I didn't quite understand what you were trying to express, but it was definitely interesting to watch and listen to. I kinda missed your usual subtitles.

Sexy, slinky suit, though. I understood that you were sort of going for that performance arts thing at the start, but the mud and the cows felt a bit tangential.

To the people saying that it was uncomfortable to watch: Considering the material that she's covering, that might have been her objective.

MBFCPresident

May 15, 2009
Sober Thal said:
MBFCPresident said:
What...the...hell?
I don't think you mean what I mean, so please explain what it is you mean by saying 'what the hell'?

Is this just an active reference to personal expectations?

I know I'm not impressed, but that doesn't mean the masses aren't impressed.

Right?
What I meant to express by writing "What the hell?" was surprise and confusion. So, I suppose it was an active reference to personal expectations, whatever that means. What I did expect was a musical review of the video game Heavy Rain, not an AMV of the game done in the style of Björk. Besides that, why should my personal opinion be influenced by what the masses think? If I liked or didn't like something the opinions of others shouldn't be important to me. Unless I have some sort of self esteem issues, which I don't.

ploppytheman

May 15, 2010
Hahahaha wtf was that? The music wasn't bad but the video was retarded, like someone on drugs rolling in the dirt and trying to talk to cows. At first I though it was one of those stupid wanna be artsy things then I just felt embarrassed at the mud part...

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
ploppytheman said:
Hahahaha wtf was that? The music wasn't bad but the video was retarded, like someone on drugs rolling in the dirt and trying to talk to cows. At first I though it was one of those stupid wanna be artsy things then I just felt embarrassed at the mud part...
puh-reeeeeetty much.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Interesting trance style to the music. I especially love the sweeping panning and time delay on the instruments. However, I do feel as if the vocals should've been louder; it was very hard to distinguish the vocals from the rest of the instruments -- especially without you adding lyrics in the corner like you used to do -- and when your songs are meant to be based around specific topics, having the lyrics noticeable is important so that people can understand what the Hell you're on about.

The video itself somehow reminds me of the film i ♥ huckabees. I would post the specific scene were it not for its minor NSFW characteristic. Needless to say, if you've seen i ♥ huckabees, you'll probably know the scene that I'm referring to.

ploppytheman said:
<youtube=cJPa8dGBxfM>

how do u embed?
I fixed and spoilered it for you. For future reference, it's [youtube=*insert youtube URL after the part of it which says ?v=*]

So for your post it would be [youtube=cJPa8dGBxfM]

EDIT: Check out this thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.108989-Guide-to-Forum-Typing-Tricks-UPDATED-4-24-09] for more embed information.

Sir Phobos

May 29, 2010
Actually I was totally get on here to see/comment if anyone had actually said anything about the armpit hair. It's weird and unexpected, not necessarily ideal, but you are an artist. Madonna pulled it off back in the day and you can now too. LOL

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
this is the best Rebecca music/video by far!

totally wacky. I like the David Lynch-like humor of it. Or was the Kentucky Fried Movie?

anyway... I moo it.

RadicalRaid

May 9, 2010
Respect for your music creating abilities, your creativity in general. You seem to be able to play pretty much every instrument quite well indeed, no matter what type of music you're making, you're really making it work. Kudos all around :).

Aran

Sep 27, 2003
Only visited farms a few times, but I can't remember seeing cows that interested in what's happening around them. Pretty cool. Usually they're pretty much the closed off autists of the animal kingdom.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Rebecca Mayes said:
Ok the charger on my laptop's just blown peeps and I'm out of battery in five seconds, it's been nice chatting with you, three seconds, and I like hearing your volatile views, two, bye
Ha, that's awesome I like how you respond to hate messages like that. Oh and I liked the video, it was different, and I'm pretty sure the video wasn't really the point, it was the message it's supposed to get across. In that respect I like it even more. Hope to see the next one soon.

IGJoe221

Mar 27, 2010
Do you need to have played Heavy Rain to get this one?
Cause I didn't and I don't.

That's fine though, my loss I guess. Still cheering for Ms Mayes, I love her work.
(Bought the album on Amazon today really enjoying it!)

Firmanter

Feb 10, 2010
I really liked it very different from the acoustic stuff and certainly the most off the wall yet but it worked really well as an entire piece. Keep up the good work.:)