Rebecca Mayes Muses: How to Write a Song in One Hour

Rebecca Mayes

Jul 6, 2009
How to Write a Song in One Hour

Rebecca wrote you a song, in only one hour!

The Epic Win is now available worldwide on iTunes and is available in her website store! [http://rebeccamayes.com/store.html]

Be sure to join Rebecca Mayes Muses Facebook Fan Page here [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebecca-Mayes-Muses/179343599672].

Watch Video

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
That was some good stuff, i enjoyed it. Probably quite a lot of guitar players on the escapist who appreciated that like me.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
can you answer my question how do get the phone to stand up straight a recorde yourself. wont it just fall (unless your phone has a flat bottem)

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Really enjoyed this video :]

For some reason the song(s) gave me goosebumps, which is quite a feat seeing as it's boiling in my room right now.

Also, don't mind a little bit of cheese ;]

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I would love to write a song. But I have two major issues. 1) I'm not very poetic. and 2) I can't play a musical instrument. Any musical instrument.

Also from this video it's clear that you have an immense talent for music and writing songs. And that is something very few people are privileged with.

And thank you for that lovely song. ^^ I'm really looking forward to next weeks "controversial song".

EDIT: But those two issues aren't going to stop me from trying...

Remigus

Jul 23, 2009
Thank you Rebecca! I was just done fiddling with my own guitar when I saw you. You made me pick it up again and try to get a little more out of it than random notes. It's been quite long ago since i wrote something cohesive. Your video made me remember how difficult but also how beautiful and forfilling the craft of songwriting is.

Big hug from the Netherlands

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
i really enjoyed this episode.
good luck with the Yatzhee song, i'm sure it's goanna be great.

p.s
it's too bad i can't use these instructions, the only insturmant i know to play is the Clarinet, and you can't sing while playing it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ohhhh! Actually pretty insightful! Epic!

And gl with Yahtzee!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Phenom828 said:
I would love to write a song. But I have two major issues. 1) I'm not very poetic. and 2) I can't play a musical instrument. Any musical instrument.
i to suffer front hose problems
the closest thing to an instrument is a recorder and it can get bent (also i melted it down into a wad of plastic after grade six)
i could maybe do a silly video to pair with your music

also can't wait for the Yahtzee's song( i hope that is not the name of it)

Mar 9, 2009
HOLY CRAP. That is, almost word for word, exactly how I write songs. Like The whole bit about just coming up with something basic, and then just singing random words till you find something you like, that is exactly, what I do. And thats just plain awesome.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Phenom828 said:
I feel the same, I fear if I did write something it would be so horrible i'd have to hide my face away from public forever, or get a contract on disney.

Still I think the escapist is very lucky to have such a talented person posting videos here. Chances are i'll eventually buy the cd when I next have money.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
*laughs* Thank you very much for the song! I loved it - made me laugh. The 25th, eh? Day before my birthday, so nice timing. ;) I look forward to it!

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Let's get one thing straight. I don't particularly like "Rebecca May's muses". But this title got me thinking, since I always seem to cock up whenever I get an idea. I might have to jot stuff down or tape it, that's actually a really good idea...

I liked this video, since it shows the dedication behind the 3 minute videos that make it online.

Good luck on writing on Yahtzee, not sure if his psyche can be caught in 3 minutes though...

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I like these videos of yours that show us all a little of what you do to do what you do. Normally I see stuff behind the scenes and i think to myself "I wanted to watch the show not this" but yours are funny but not too much so it can still be taken seriously, interesting and informative all at the same time.

Good luck on your song for Yahtzee. I hear he is quite a tough critic to please. :p