Rebecca Mayes Muses: How to Write a Song in One Hour

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Wow... how weird. I almost started to cry and I'm not sure why.
It was a trully beatifull song.

Ishadus

Apr 3, 2010
Mumorpuger said:
That made me "Awwwwwww!"

I totally internets-crushing right now.
lol I'm glad I'm not the only one rapidly developing a crush on this woman. Just something about the sound of her voice combined with a sweet, genuine, down to Earth nature that holds me in rapture. I've released a little sigh or two after some of the videos :p

I wish my musical talent extended past Rock Band :p I have poetic talent, so I'm sure much of the stuff I write could be extended to songs. However, I loathe the sound of my voice, and haven't played an instrument since the french horn in high school. Learning something like the violin, viola, or cello is on my extensive list of "things to do" however.

One day!

Der Mudda

Nov 10, 2009
Nice video Rebecca,and good luck with reaching the hardened heart of Yahtzee. I've known him for 27 years - he was such a nice chap until the hormones kicked in!

You could incorporate something along the lines of Monty Python's Life of Brian - "he's been a very naughty boy" as he seldom gets in touch.

Perhaps with our west country magic we can charm him back to the old country, if only to open another Mana Bar.

stretchyman1

Clerik Von Baron Isenhoures Cake
Feb 10, 2009
Karloff said:
*laughs* Thank you very much for the song! I loved it - made me laugh. The 25th, eh? Day before my birthday, so nice timing. ;) I look forward to it!
Its a month and a day from mine :) The first song creeped me out a bit xD Can't wait for the Yahtzee song!

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Its nicer when you have a song dedicated to you (in a way). Great video!
I would love to make a song for you, but, i can't sing D:

Looking forwards to the Yahtzee vid ;)

Haderos

Dec 4, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
I would love to make a song for you, but, i can't sing D:
Everybody can sing, it mostly just doesn't sound good at all ;D.

I wish I could at least play the guitar at all, I started learning it about 2 weeks ago (self teaching probably isn't the smartest way to go about that...). Playing single cords isn't even that difficult.. but thinking of a way to get a melody out of it :/..

Anyway, liked the song, a bit cheesy yea ;p, but still very nice, especially considering that it was done within an hour.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I don't know how you do it, but watching your videos always makes me feel better after a long day.
I really enjoyed watching this, your finished songs make it all look so effortless for you! That said, you really are talented :D

Cannot wait for you to release the Yahtzee song!
But please.... do take your time :)

lukeator

Nov 17, 2009
That was a nice wee look in to your process, I enjoyed watching this. Cheers. Nice fireplace by the way. :)

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
My fingers itch. I want to be holding the honest wood of an old guitar across my lap and strum its strings until the itching subsides.

I've never played guitar before. But I want to. I want to expand my horizons. Find new ways to express myself outside of prose, rants and blogging.

You're an inspiration and a beautiful soul, and I thank you for sharing that with us. With me.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
This video has got me wondering.
How does Miss Mayes bring home the bacon enought to support her music career?

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
Really enjoyable video and I loved the song that you put together at the end. Unfortunately I've not played an instrument properly since I was about 10, but I can still just about do Christmas Carols on a keyboard or piano, roll on December!

Henrik Oserud

Mar 7, 2010
Great "tutorial" though I don't play any instruments. I also noticed that you have a very feline looks, which was peculiar yet very beautiful in my eyes (that was a compliment, I'm not good at giving them:) ) looking forward to the Yahtzee song. As always you have a beautiful voice and amazing talents, keep up the good work :)

Alias42

Sep 10, 2009
The guitar "riff" sounds exactly like the intro of Harmony Korine by Steven Wilson :p

Nice video

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
I'd really like to hear a song by you were you get a little angry, or delve into some of the harder emotions. Most of you songs are very contemplative or empathic but I would love to see how you deal with hurt or rage or something like that.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
i know what i'm doing tomorrow...buying capos. never thought of of using more than one, i like it alot