Rebecca Mayes Muses: Madworld

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
Back on-topic: Just fabulous. Wonderful, catchy, humorous... Damn, would you guys mind terribly if I started a Rebecca Mayes cult?[/quote]

second that...rebecca and her songs have been running through my head as my GF drones on and on about whatever it is she's droning on about...i do wonder though if she's a real gamer or if she simply recognizes the potential a beautiful singer/songwriter has in this genre

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Well Miss Mayes. After having seen a few of these videos, i have to say i'm a little bit frustrated by what you're trying to do here. Most of your songs, or reviews, whichever you call them seem to be mostly negative. Slagging off either the game or it's playerbase. I don't think that having sex appeal, a pretty voice and nouveau art style is any excuse to refer to people as 'sad' or 'nerds' or whatever you occasionaly come out with - i find it insulting for the people who are being labelled as such by you just because they do like or play these games. Nor do i consider it fair the way you give such a negative perspective over a game for completely arbitrary reasons. Point in case being worms for having 'cartoon graphics' or bionic commando for 'trying to be spiderman'. It just feels so trivial.

On a side note, i do like the different artsyles you use and your voice has a pleasant ring to it. It just seems that your reviews can feel a bit... arrogant.

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
Interesting :) She looked really hot in that skirt XD Someone else has commented about they are still unsure about her music. And to a certain degree I see where you are coming from, but you have to understand, her style is different. She is kinda of the (and I hope she takes this the right way) Bjork of video game music?

P.S. I think that some people are jelous, while others i suspect, think that she has a B.F. and so aren't quite as nice as they might be with their comments? As in, if I can't tap it, I will bash it mentality.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
great song, and for once i liked the video, i always thought that maybe just a video of you playing or even just the song would be better, but this time the visual was almost up to the standard of the audio.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Rebecca is getting better with the humour thing. I no longer feel like I'm just watching her videos because I'm a pervert (although I am), I'm actually starting to enjoy her stuff more than ZP lately.

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
I feel like the stop motion of this video should feature a warning for epileptics.

Enjoyed it as usual, Becks.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Tsuillo said:
The song sounded great, nice to hear something that sounds fresh and new.

Kinda wish all the songs weren't "can't we all just get along" "Violence isn't the answer" and "the game was alright, but it made me squeamish"

If you don't like a touch of the ultraviolent, why don't you make songs about non-violent games? Like Animal crossing, or Mr. R.J. Fluffies tea party extravaganza?
The fact that she's continuing to play violent games at all should probably give you some inkling that she's probably going about it with a sense of irony/humour. I highly doubt she actually just wants to hug zombies.

Though, yes, Rebecca Mayes is actually stunningly beautiful. If I was a zombie I would probably try to hug her... Though I may have lost my point somewhere in this post.

Oh yeah, the point - good song.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
i like the song very cute

and the visuals that went it i really liked
and i like that you are tossing up some new ideas for visuals

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Third time listening to it. I like the sort of calm impression you gave to the ultra violent madworld

But as far as chainsaw and swears are concerned, it works for Marcus Fenix

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Can't say I really like the style of her songs, she has a fine voice but I'm not sold on the lyrics. They don't flow properly it seems to me.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
I'm really starting to love the Rebecca's videos. I think the Arkham Asylum vid sealed the deal for me. This one was great as well. Madworld reminds me of a ten year old kid who goes around screaming obscenities and doesn't have a clue what they mean, only that mommy said he's not allowed to say bad words.
Captain Pancake said:
That was pretty good, but so are all her videos. And I'm still thinking about that guitar hero one, I just need a camera and a parent willing to sign my soul away to this website.

Distorted Stu said:
I need to be in her next vid! I liekd this episode, always mellow and easy to listen too :0

[sub]I'm not the only one who thinks Rebecca is beautiful. Am I?![/sub]
[sub]No you're not stu, She's mesmerizing...[/sub]
[sub]I third this statement. Don't tell the missus.[/sub]

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Great song! I loved it. The video had a great quality too!

Russ Pitts said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Spinwhiz said:
Rebecca is looking for some people to ROCK OUT in her next video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/rebeccaROCKOUT

Check it out and submit!
In a way, I actually want to report you, the great and (kinda) mighty Spinwhiz, for advertising. But that's very cool of her.
Erm ... let me get this straight. You want to report The Escapist's Brand Manager for advertising an event The Escapist is hosting on The Escapist in support of "Rebecca Mayes Muses," in the forum thread on The Escapist for the latest "Rebecca Mayes Muses" video?

Dude, get a grip.
Yeah, but isn't that breaking the "guideline" of no advertisement? If so, do the staff have special privileges? If so, are you hiring any time soon?

Note* I'm kidding. Please don't ban me Oh Lord of the thousands sun!