Rebecca Mayes Muses: Mass Effect 2

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
wow, this just made my night...

great song!!! (like always)

Rebecca Mayes= my sexy plastic bag wearing hero lol

Hakushi

Mar 21, 2008
Watching this video was a real moment of pleasure. I really enjoyed the song and this is my favorite Escapist section. I can't wait for the next video.

Skywatcher

Dec 25, 2009
I love your music, Rebecca, and this was especially lovely. Thanks for making these videos.

FAILPANTS

Jun 16, 2009
So far, this one and the Silent Hill one are tied as first in my books. Please have a link to the mp3s some time <3

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i am still unsure whetheer she liked or disliked ME2, but heck, the song is, as usually, totally visc... sledgehammer!

Meghiddo

Mar 17, 2010
You could be big making songs for the emo genre or whatever this brand of music is, your very talented.
Although it does just confirm my thought about this type of music, you can be singing about anything, even a big bunch of nothing, and a lot of people will think it is so deep and meaningful.
Think about a fan of this kind of music listening to this song without knowing what is behind it, they would think you are pining for some long lost love or some other cliche crap.
Hope you succeed and all, Im just saying...

I'll make a song from this post of mine!

You could be big...
whatever this brand... is....
your...talented
although it does confirm my thoughts...
a big bunch of nothing...
so deep, and meaningful...
think about this...knowing what is behind it...
pining for some cliche...
hope you succeed...ill make this mine

now put that to some slow guitar and have rebecca sing it and you have a hit song for whatever genre you call this!

lmao, that was fun

Maladjusted

Mar 20, 2009
This one's my favourite so far.

Haunting, beautiful, it relates so perfectly to Rebecca's mission statement, which is to make a song inspired by a game: not a review of, or an ad or a soundtrack for the game (which already has it's trailers, soundtracks and so on) but something where the really enchanting thing is how differnet the inspiration is from that which emerges from it: it's the dim echo of a message from one aesthetic universe rendered unrecognisable in another very different one (the wry, clever, bittersweet, amusing world of these videos.) Brilliant.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that she's lamenting the whole point of the game that the female character is powerless, sexually exploited, the shadow mechanics don't work, just like the weapons, and the AI is crap. And the whole thing is derivative.

Ouch...

Though great tune by the way.