Rebecca Mayes Muses: Overlord 2

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Why does evryone bash Overlord 2?

I found it pretty decent/good on the PC.

Didn't like the song that much anyways. :[

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Hey... I really liked Overlord, and Overlord 2 managed to improve on it a fair bit, although it also made some parts worse at the same time, I will admit. It's a fresh game idea, compared to the inundation of shooters and JRPGs that have been smothering the game market these days. True, neither Overlord or its sequel port well at ALL to PC, but they're still great fun on the console. And the original one had me laughing the whole way through.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
LOL I guess you didnt like it?

I had fun with it, but it needed more cleavage!

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
"Even has the same set of armour" .....?!?

So...I guess that's what made Halo so terrible, Master Chief should have changed his suit.

Song was ok I guess...but the points made were a bit rubbish.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Ha! so was not expecting heavy metal, considering your other work, You pulled it off well, but I think the lyrics aren't as good as your usual stuff.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I liked this song. The bit about having the same set of armor was pretty neat. I haven't played Overlord 2 yet, but I thought you were a different Overlord, so having the same armor didn't make much sense.

Anyway, nice job, looking forward to the next one.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
So, that's what it sounds like when Ms Mayes rocks out.

I like it very much.

TimTImNL said:
I saw a dutch flag on your tent are you dutch ????
Pretty sure that was a manufacturer's logo, not a Dutch flag. And it says in the bit of text right under the video that she's from England.

RyePunk

Dec 5, 2008
So now she's musically reviewing games? Um okay... sure.
I did enjoy the guitar in the song, pretty awesome.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I like the change is musical style in this case making this one of the better songs...

BUT the points made not much. First off blue minions can ride mounts )being one of multiple new features), the minions are supposed to mad, I don't notice anyone complaining when the characters look the same in all those AAA games and if you think the controls are bad you just can't play the game right.

I know it's just a satirical jab in song but meh. Yahtzee did a better job.

NOTE: The game was developed in the Netherlands IE Dutch.

Deity1986

Jul 29, 2009
lol, good to see the songs becoming proper piss takes. Nicely done.
Not sure what the parts of the video in the fields had to do with the song (except when wearing the helmet and that obviously, but the rope swing?).

I've never been a big fan of RMM, but I like this and I'll certainly catch the next one :)

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
RyePunk said:
So now she's musically reviewing games? Um okay... sure.
I did enjoy the guitar in the song, pretty awesome.
All of her songs are reviewing games...