Rebecca Mayes Muses: Overlord 2

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
ThePirateMan said:
Why does evryone bash Overlord 2?

I found it pretty decent/good on the PC.

Didn't like the song that much anyways. :[
Same. Im actually playing Overlord 2 again right now to do the Destruction line. I very much enjoy it and I also dont understand why people think its terrible. It has flaws but they're not incredibly horrible.

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
DeathQuaker said:
Another fun one, although the instruments drowned out the lyrics sometimes (though I suppose with metal, that's the point).

Personally, I love the idea of a cross between a music video and a game review. It's fun and innovative. It's just a shame that so many gamers live to diss anything new or creative, let alone something like this which obviously takes a lot of work--playing the game, writing the song, recording, mixing, filming and editing the video... all done once a week? I can understand why some folks won't dig all the songs, but geez, people, at least appreciate that something like this is frakkin' hard to do.
Well, I can see that you did not read the comments in all the other "Rebecca Mayes muses" where people where talking on and on about what you just said, most of them explaining that she doesn't work hard, others saying:" who cares?". if you want to know just read the comments in the other videos

JaneDoe

Aug 28, 2009
I haven't been the biggest fan of the last few weeks posts, however, this week I found rather it amusing. In a good way! Funnier lyrics, and I couldn't help but to chortle at the gruff rock voice section.
T'was quite good!

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
Just a question,
Why is Rebecca yet to review a game that she did like?

All the reviews are on games that she says (through a song) that she hates. It can't be that different, can it? For her to review a game she likes

Unlike zero punctuation, saying a game is good here won't ruin the entire point of the video, so why not give it a try?

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
The song is true. The game is just as the first one pretty boring and repetitive. Other than few moments of laughter its not really worth the price tag. Both games had the potential but didn't really rise up to it :/.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
I loved that game, only yahtzee can tell me that my favorite games are terrible

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I enjoyed this a LOT more than her other videos to be honest. I'm glad she switched things up, and I'm actually excited for the next song. Plus I never would've expected the 'growly' type vocals from her, completely surprised me!

Thank you Rebecca :)

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
I must admit this is the first Of the Rebecca Mayes Musesseries I have actually really enjoyed. Really a lot better than the generic poppy-ness of the others.

Ellivader

Sep 20, 2009
The Overlord series is a love-it-or-hate-it thing. I have a friend who adores it, who foams at the mouth about it. I have the original sat on my desk opposite me now and just thinking about trying to get any further with it fills me with dread.

I enjoyed the song except for the growly-bit, like others have pointed out.

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
While I am one of those who liked the game, I won't start a potential flame war or something defending it. I will say this however...

She does have quite the production values for these music game review thingies.

Issue13

Jan 30, 2008
This is the first one of her vids that I watched all the way through. They're getting better. Looking forward to the next one.

"mount animals" hehe

Maldeus

Mar 24, 2009
Macar said:
Maldeus said:
Rebecca Mayes, the point of your chorus was that video games are for losers who play out their fantasies instead of living them. I think maybe you're on the wrong website.
I think that's an odd interpretation. She says "why would you want to take over a world that's small boring and pointless". To me that says the world in the game is not fun, and that you, hence, don't want to conquer it.

How you got from that "video games are for losers who play out their fantasies instead of living them." is beyond me.
"Why would you want to take over a world when you've been given permission to be uncontrolled." Which is kind of the POINT. The game wants you to be evil, in the same sense as other games want you to be heroic, criminal, or, in the bizarre case of the Sims, perfectly ordinary. This is the game for everyone who's ever dreamed of leading their Legion of Evil to pillage, plunder, and rape the world but never had the chance. She contends that this is not a good reason to play a game, even though it is basically the same reason as a significant chunk of the gamer demographic plays any game EVER.

I liked the first Overlord game, both because the minion mechanic was new and, more importantly, because it made me feel like a malicious and evil Overlord who was hellbent on world domination and wasn't going to be thwarted by anyone or anything, a fantasy which I don't think is healthy for me to keep inside when I could act it out virtually and which I don't think would be healthy for anyone caught in the crossfire if I actually, physically went for it. I don't see any reason to believe the second game will fail to serve the same purpose.

As for her complaints about the saminess between the two games, the world being small and boring, etc. etc. Well, fair enough, but I never did mind saminess and the game world's still big enough to be fun. It's the bit quoted above, as well as the bit at the beginning, that irritate me, though.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
sorry but you still suck. Look one of the most important thing for anyone who sings is that we can hear what your saying. You fail at it.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
The_General said:
First the absolutely piece of sh*t Worms song, and now THIS? The bar-o-meter is falling fast enough to be warning a tornado.
Thank you, that's exactly what I said before. It's just not entertaining, not good, and you can't even understand half the things she sings.

thevileangel

Aug 24, 2009
She's obviously trying to lay her review out on the line for those who can't understand the poetic reviews. I respect her for listening to what people want, but I don't think she had to dumb it down. Screw the haters. I love everything she's done so far. Her and her peeps have talent and I hope they get discoverd and make it big. I agree with her review of the game too.

And yeah... sexy/crazy/beautiful cookie monster vocals!