Rebecca Mayes Muses: Overlord 2

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
I didn't write anything on Worms one but I wouldn't forgive myself If I didn't do it again.

It has few similar chours but I wasn't never really bother by that as for I could listen to similar song on the same album and wait a year for the artist to change or improve when the next album arives :)

I wanted to sugest digitaly changing your voice, but what came out here is a little disturbing - it's like listening to animation when you can hear someone turning off and on the mic between each recording. It's a good way to go, but you're not quite there yet. (I'll be working on recording something soon and then I know myself from experiance how hard it is XD).

I'm not sure If I suggested this before but putting youself in the game as a background or to interact with the character - I know it's hard but you could try to pull it off. You could just use some random screenshot and put youself with your friends cosplaying :)

Overally I enjoyed it pretty much except when psycho voice is on - it's cool but disturbing.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Uurgh, remember when music used to be good, and then metal came along, and dumbed it down to make it accesible to all the morons that can't understand good chillout songs? Next she'll be putting in hints and tips!

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
I'm the first to rag on you, but this actually had a direction!
The song was a game review (a clear one, which in part comes from hating a game, much better source than liking a game), the type of song fits the game, and the why would you want to play a game do you have no power of your own had a nice edge. Though to be fair why do you play games, to do stuff you normally won't do.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Okay, so I finally watched the video.

What was the point of this? As far as a review goes, this was terrible. You made about 2 legitimate complaints about the game: there's no new content and the controls are robotic (though she didn't even explain that one). That is hardly enough content to be called a review.

barguest

Aug 31, 2009
i like overlord and overlord 2 and iv seen a few songs by Rebecca and the only 2 words that sums them up are EPIC FAIL! don't like them at all to be honest =/

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
I approve of your non-stop variation, but your voice and style really don't go well with heavy metal.

Lady K

Apr 16, 2009
At last something a bit more gritty sounding. I'd like to see more electric guitars in the future, but I miss the calibur of lyrics from The Sims. That one was my favorite

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
well, the style of music isn't my type for this song tbh (I preferred the melodies of the other ones), but as a review I felt your opinion upon the game was much clearer. Thankies :)

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
I absolutely like the music shown and played in here, althougth i am not such a fan of heavy metal, but this is more cause i never had a real interest in it than that i don't like it.

And that is the only reason why i like your other songs here on the escapist more.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This is actually my favourite video of hers so far. This song is good enough to go on my MP3 player.
That's not to say her other songs are bad, though. The Worms and Sims songs were great too.

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
I liked the music in this video, but it still had the problem of not being able to hear a bloody thing she says. I have to watch the subtitles all the time, which you dont normally have to do with a song, nor do they normally show them.

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
I don't mind the switch over to making fun of the game, but putting down people who might actually enjoy it seems in poor taste. Although I will say I'm just glad she's finally trying something musically different, so, praise jeebus for that.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Anyone else suddenly get the feeling that Video Game Theatre wasnt actually all that bad.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
OH COME ON. Last weeks was pretty good, but it has gone down again.

Still, the second best so far...