Rebecca Mayes Muses: Overlord 2

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Fuck yeah.Thats more like it.

The girl can do rock.

Though I would have pushed the heavy even more,ala Electric Wizard at their heaviest,for the sake of impact,though thats just splitting hairs now.Basically she used violent guitar noise so I'm happy for her.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Rebecca, I'm getting more and more into you with each episode. You rock! Literally this time, too.

Woem, Creator of the Rebecca Mays Fan group

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
A pleasant surprise! Usually I hate these, but this one was actually pretty good.

sramota

Aug 1, 2009
Faces Rebecca, faces.
Metal is aaaangryy when they growl.
Like raaawr..!

And female leads are either operatic or aaaangry

ZeeClone

Jan 14, 2009
Love the concept of your Muses.

Not really my cup of tea in terms of the music but full marks for originality in your review format.

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
Ha, ha, ha. Great! I really liked it. Again.
Playing "air guitar". Awesome. You have a good and gentle sense of humour madame Mayes.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
I liked how the song changed dramtically through-out points.
But please do not do the deep heavy metal voice in your songs.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Is there any hope of seeing these songs released as mp3s at some point? They're all the sort of thing I'd love to have on my iPod...

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Crap song, they all have been... the first one on the escapist was listenable, but now, they are getting worse... please improve the songs, i listened to your resident evil song on your website, and it was prety good... also i cant seem to find anything about the game from your reviews. id call them more a random list of words put to gether to make it somehow pass as a review... maybe take more time to create a more comprehensive review, one with more points, not just focusing on 2-3 points which all happen to be negative. a review also shows positives about the game.

Anyway, enough of my little rant

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
That was the first time the vocals were actually audible, and only at times anyway.

I guess it wasn't as bad as the others which is a good sign.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
I gotta say, the first Rebecca Mayes Muses was good. Ever since then it's been a steady decline where instead of just being generic songs about games, they become more and more bluntly bashing on said games. Right to the point where this game even flat-out says "this crappy game".

The Sims 3 song was cute. All the rest feel kinda pretentious.

Griff

Aug 27, 2008
Did anyone see her on Gameswipe with Charlie Brooker and Dara O Brien. MIss Mayes you just gained a whole new level in awesome.

Feralbreed

May 20, 2009
You nailed it Rebecca. Back when I tried the demo, I found Overlord 1 to be really stupid. And yes, it was SMALL and LINEAR.

Guess I like the song because I don't like Overlord. So if she would sing about any game that I hate I would get excited. And in reverse if she did a song bashing something like half-life, I would be furious and ***** about it. But that's the case with everybody.

Ebers

Dec 28, 2007
Griff said:
Did anyone see her on Gameswipe with Charlie Brooker and Dara O Brien. MIss Mayes you just gained a whole new level in awesome.
Rab and Ryan made an appearance too. That show was concentrated greatness.

faselei

Jul 19, 2008
Took a whilt to 'get' Rebecca Mayes. But no i love it! Devon or wherever looks pretty too.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
BUT the points made not much. First off blue minions can ride mounts )being one of multiple new features), the minions are supposed to mad, I don't notice anyone complaining when the characters look the same in all those AAA games and if you think the controls are bad you just can't play the game right.
Ok on the blue minions (and the other imps get rides too) but frankly even so its not a massive improvement really; and I didn't hear her mention the characters all looked the same - she just said the world feel small, boring, and pointless, and to be honest, I get that feeling from it too; don't get me wrong, its fun to stab at Green-Peace Elves, but the world in game just feels really linear and boxed in.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
It's kind of a shame, and then again, not, that the first Muses video I watched was Worms. It might have gotten my hopes up too high for the rest of the series. As you can guess, I didn't think this one was very good, even though I never played the game. Come to think of it, I haven't played any game on the Muses list... Sing about a game that I've played, pretty please Rebecca?