Rebecca Mayes Muses: Plants vs Zombies

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
Rebecca's first song about The Sims 3 had the intangible charm of being about a video game but presented as a prayer to God. The intangible charm to it was how close the song was to an actual prayer. Here, she employs that intangible charm in (my opinion) its second (or third depending on your opinion of the Ghostbusters song) best effort in a song about a video game presented as a love song. The more songs with intangible charm like this, the better, in my opinion.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
And Rebecca learns why, when she was a little girl, she was told not to eat strange plants she found in the woods, even if they looked tasty.:)

Glad the funny reaction was all that happened, though! There's some nasty plant alkaloids that cause far uglier things than just an intense bitter taste.

TETSUOrocks

Oct 20, 2009
The opening zombie dance was pretty good. Makeup and the flower head looked great. Music wasn't bad but the lyrics weren't consistent with the theme. The video editing was a bit also a bit wierd.

It was a good video tho. I enjoyed it.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
I've given the game a try and I have to say that it's so addictive. Plants vs Zombies is full of quirky gameplay and humour, I can see why Rebecca shows her affection for it. So much upgrades, can't ... choose ...

Damn, I really need to continue working on that Army of Two review if I want to ship it this Monday.

*points at Plants vs Zombies*
*Arnold style*

"I'll be back."

EDIT: I just played it some more and checked the Help section out of curiosity. I swear, I'm still laughing my buttocks off. Read it yourself:

[http://img693.imageshack.us/i/helpscreenhilarious.jpg/]

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
I have much love for this girl's music. I say it every time, but you should create and/or link to some more serious music of yours.

allnorweiganwood

Dec 1, 2009
Poomanchu745 said:
Wow well that song made totally no sense at all.
ok im glad im not the only one. Maybe its because i have no idea what this game is. Did like the dancing at the beginning though

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
I was excited at the beginning because this started off sounding really different. I liked the chorus, but the verse still sounded too much like every other song, also the contrast between the upbeat electronic dance chorus and the drawn out wailing verses didn't really mesh well.

Sheaphard117

Nov 5, 2009
sorry rebec, this one just didn't do it for me.

Loved the new tone, vibe and tempo, but I did feel it had a very 'elvis' feel about it. (one verse, one chorus repeated three times, and its a song)

Azihe

Dec 17, 2008
I actually felt that this was the weakest one so far. However, it's good to see that I'm not the only person who has lost their life to Plants vs Zombies.

Goro

Oct 15, 2009
Country
Australia
I thought it was a little short, because I want to put it in my running music mix, and you can only go so far in 2 minutes.

Anyone else have a total crush on Ms Mayes?

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Hmmm, Well the style really isn't my normal bag, the music seemed a little confusing and the lyrics were mostly incomprehensible.
On the upside the video was quite well made, the dancing was brilliant, and it obviously took a lot of work to mix it all together. A for effort.. But not you're best work. Sorry Beccs!

cynicalandbored

Nov 12, 2009
Loved it. :) It sounded a bit like a song by the Irish band Alphastates, and as they're one of my favourite bands, this was magnificent. Bit short, but still massively enjoyable.