Rebecca Mayes Muses: Plants vs Zombies

Steady Drain

Jan 23, 2010
sorry but i dont get it. is it meant to be funny? or cool? or? opinions, ive got em. :)
p.s. i appreciate the hard work thats gone into it.

epikAXE

Save the planet: It has beer!
Oct 26, 2009
Awsome dancing at the beginning, but as a musician myself i just cant bring myself to like any of the songs you have made :(

Belive me ive tried many times :p

but that dosent change how your great at dancing :L

epikAXE

Save the planet: It has beer!
Oct 26, 2009
fat tony said:
I thought it was a little short, because I want to put it in my running music mix, and you can only go so far in 2 minutes.

Anyone else have a total crush on Ms Mayes?
Haha yes indeed.

Rohop

Dec 30, 2009
I loved this, I thought it was superb, he said after listening about a dozen times...

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Bah, I couldnt hear what she was saying. I have to read the captions throughout the whole song just to find out what she was saying. I was expecing more themes from the game too, but all we got was a zombie (That didnt look anything like the ones in the game) and a sunflower that didnt shoot out little suns every now and then. And no pea shooters? boo. (If you cant tell, i didnt like the song)

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Foxbat Flyer said:
I was expecing more themes from the game too, but all we got was a zombie (That didnt look anything like the ones in the game) and a sunflower that didnt shoot out little suns every now and then. And no pea shooters? boo.
I have the same complaint about the video having almost nothing to do with the game. This is the first Rebecca Mayes Muses video I've ever watched and I just wanted to know if all the videos she does are this loosely based on the games she sings about?

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Loved it! I loved everything about it, especially the Zombie-dancing : D
Though wasn't it cold, to be dressed as a flower in January? *brrrr*

ZacOfTheZombies

Aug 4, 2008
I mainly clicked on it because the Thumbnail made it look like there were three Zombies from Half-Life 2 as the stars. Still a great little movie without them though. :p

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
ah such a nice little diddy
perfect song to get stuck in your head right before an exam

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Ridiculously catchy song you got there! This is by far the best Musing yet! I'm gonna be singing this all week!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Didn't I hear Escapist promis us that they are gettin an iTunes channel so we can get these songs?!?

Fun video, and quite sweet when the zombies asked the flower to marry it // A turer romance if ever I saw one

-M

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
WastedHero said:
Foxbat Flyer said:
I was expecing more themes from the game too, but all we got was a zombie (That didnt look anything like the ones in the game) and a sunflower that didnt shoot out little suns every now and then. And no pea shooters? boo.
I have the same complaint about the video having almost nothing to do with the game. This is the first Rebecca Mayes Muses video I've ever watched and I just wanted to know if all the videos she does are this loosely based on the games she sings about?
Yeah, I feel they are all like this. I have been watching from the first one, and i gotta say, i havent liked any apart from the resident evil 4 one... i keep watching, hoping they will improve, But it doesnt look like it (Sorry Rebecca)

SpannerMan

Nov 28, 2007
Great song again this week Rebecca. I keep coming back most weeks to listen - I think your a very talented musician. Also, the quasi-reviews (indeed, your musings) coming from a female semi-gamer make for interesting material to base the songs upon. I don't think a lot of the kids here get that part, actually.

However one request / piece of advice: concentrate solely on the singing and song writing and leave the video filming / directing to another outfit. Of course, you should still act in them, but there's lots of young talented film makers out there - I just think you could be investing that time normally spent on the video back into the music itself. Maybe ZP can help out with that?

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
Hehe. Good tune this time, I liked it. And good thing you brought up the addictiveness of the game; that was just mandatory.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I have to admit I wasn't sure which game was under scrutiny... but I really enjoyed that one! :D
Very catchy, great dancing and a bit of a departure from what I was expecting.
Please continue to mix it up! :D

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
I have enjoyed most of the the Musings, but this one is my favourite so far.