Rebecca Mayes Muses: Starcraft 2

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
T'was an excellent song indeed :). Been looking forward to this ever since I found it would be Starcraft 2 through Twitter...

David Eller

Jun 26, 2010
Thumbs up for having fun, but as someone from that area might say, "It doesnt strike my fancy."
Right? q.p

Michael Keating

Apr 4, 2010
The only other one of these I've seen is the Halo: Reach one, and although that didn't appeal to me at all, I found this both pretty funny and to be a really enjoyable song. :D

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Some of the best lines about Starcraft II.. I've got a face like a ferret and a costume designer.. Serious LOL's there.

Wolfrug

Feb 11, 2009
Ahaha! Funny :D Although I must say, this is (I think) the closest-to-the-game song I've seen from you so far. Both good (as in it's very apt) and bad (as in it lacks a universality that most of your other songs feature). Music-wise, I thought it rocked, though. Good stuff :) Oh, and nicely directed video too!

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Im gonna play this song in the car and people will say "wow, this is a great song. Im trying to understand what it means, though. Face like a ferret, insect king? Is this a The Doors cover?" lol

themerrygambit

Mar 1, 2010
I'm I the only one seeing that Rebecca Mayes more or less is completely over video games? Maybe even down right dislikes them. I mean the first videos she put out were clever critiques of video games in song form. The last 8 or so videos however have more or less all said "get off your ass stop playing video games and live a real life." I don't think she even plays these games much anymore. The entire Halo reach song was based off a speech by Nelson Mandella.

Video games just seems out of her element. She's a hippie bohemian, a free spirit who likes being outside and swimming in streams... Rebecca... if you don't like video games... just move on. You're a ridiculously talented song writer. Just put out your own album inspired by your own words. You don't need this anymore.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
themerrygambit said:
I'm I the only one seeing that Rebecca Mayes more or less is completely over video games? Maybe even down right dislikes them. I mean the first videos she put out were clever critiques of video games in song form. The last 8 or so videos however have more or less all said "get off your ass stop playing video games and live a real life." I don't think she even plays these games much anymore. The entire Halo reach song was based off a speech by Nelson Mandella.

Video games just seems out of her element. She's a hippie bohemian, a free spirit who likes being outside and swimming in streams... Rebecca... if you don't like video games... just move on. You're a ridiculously talented song writer. Just put out your own album inspired by your own words. You don't need this anymore.
She is making her own album

OT: I liked this song, it is better than her last few.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
Good song! I prefered the Halo reach one.
Also I don't know why but it remined me of the Gorillaz song Monkey Mountain.

Stormpigeon

Nov 22, 2009
I've only watched a couple of these videos. They all seem essentially the same to me, in style and lyrics.
And besides the line about resource management she could've just written this based entirely on the trailer. Which I have a feeling she did.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Excellent refrain and a really good song. Not enough to top Halo Reach, but I thought it was really good nonetheless.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
haha, I also loved the face like a ferret comment. ALSO, I'm in love with a game that is essentially a spreadsheet... good one.

Lovely, catchy, funny... good job, Mayes.