Rebecca Mayes Muses: Starcraft 2

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I liked this song. I thought at the beginning after I read the description that it wasn't going to be that great and the music kinda brought me closer to thinking that but when the lyrics and the acting started I found it to really funny and ultimately liked it. Also I forgot Zeratul used his blade as a lantern in that cinematic and Cats rule. :p

FlameUnquenchable

Apr 27, 2010
Although I love Starcraft II even with it's sometimes cheesy story line, that spreadsheet line cracked me up. I wish she would break down other stuff like that, too bad since this is primarily a gaming website that she can't do that for say, racing, or politics. :D

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
I think I liked this one better than most: the lyrics were quite clever and seemed to rhyme effortlessly; also, the tune was catchy, and I've always liked Rebecca's voice.

This one gets an 'A' from me, for whatever that's worth... (not much)

sethzard said:
themerrygambit said:
I'm I the only one seeing that Rebecca Mayes more or less is completely over video games? Maybe even down right dislikes them. I mean the first videos she put out were clever critiques of video games in song form. The last 8 or so videos however have more or less all said "get off your ass stop playing video games and live a real life." I don't think she even plays these games much anymore. The entire Halo reach song was based off a speech by Nelson Mandella.

Video games just seems out of her element. She's a hippie bohemian, a free spirit who likes being outside and swimming in streams... Rebecca... if you don't like video games... just move on. You're a ridiculously talented song writer. Just put out your own album inspired by your own words. You don't need this anymore.
She is making her own album

OT: I liked this song, it is better than her last few.
Don't feed the troll, else we'll find ourselves in another flame war which ultimately simplifies to one side yelling "Saying you like it won't get her attention, you fat geeks!" and the other side yelling "Just because YOU don't happen to like something doesn't mean that it's universally bad, you egocentric fucks!"

Sorta nerddom's M.A.D., really...

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
She´s freakin hot. Sings unbelivable and play games. She could spill crums in my bed any day.

cynik

Nov 6, 2009
Interesting, it seems to me that Rebecca is adressing every single of my previous complaints about recent songs, what a great thing for my overblown ego. Nice to hear some diffrent vocal pitches, keep up the good work exersising that voice. Lyrics also back on the gaming track, "shitload of greengas" - outstanding!

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I am bummed we have to wait so long for each song, but gams made up for it I suppose.
Not a fan of SC2 so I kind of dug the song as a critique.
Cannot wait for the non-games-related album.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
very catchy.
it makes me sad that i have to wait so long for each song though.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
So would it be fair to say, Ms. Mayes, that you found the game hard to take seriously?

Some very funny, enjoyable lyrics there. Kind of an interesting Doors-style organ riff. Liked this one.

senorcromas

Sep 24, 2009
I don't know why, but this song makes me want to scream, "Groovy!"

This is, of course, a good thing.

JoeBPlenty

Aug 30, 2010
I've watched a few of these songs now and even though their not my brand of tea, you seem to be putting up some effort.

Wouldn't shed any tears if this segment was removed from Escapist though. Good luck in the future!

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
I loved the song...

Not as much as the Halo Reach song,

But is it just me - but did it seem like she was subtly saying 'Riiiiiiiight'