Rebecca Mayes Muses: Velvet Assassin

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
After that Overlord 2 video, I was hoping for something a bit more your style such as this. I have played the game as well, and it's definitely not that good. You made some good remarks on the mediocre gameplay of Velvet Assassin, it really needed some more work. Thanks for another excellent song and video, hope you'll do one about Batman: Arkham Asylum soon.

By the way: lovely old fashioned trains you have there in the Westcountry.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Rebecca, this was such a lovely bittersweet song. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Even though this brought back the repeat three times thing for the chorus, this song was a lot better. I think it actually made me sadder, in other words I connected emotionally with it which is something all your other songs fail to do.

So while not as outright awesome as overlord, this song was very beautiful. It's probably my favourite Mayes Muses vid, followed closely by overlord. In otherwords, you're impressing me now, keep it up!

Thanks a lot Rebecca :D

WithHisHat

May 27, 2009
Cool song, always fun to see you using even more varied and perplexing instruments. I liked this song, very stoic.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Doktor Merkwurdigliebe said:
I approve.
May everyone know that the Lord Doktor has signalled his approval ;)
OT: more of the repetition, but balanced by the melancholy sound etc.
great! keep them up!

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
It's absolutely amazing how you can write such songs to mediocre games. Or such amazing songs in general. I'll play them for friends who don't know that they are actually inspired by reviews and see if they realize ^-^

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
Nice video

The good things about it-really nice and relaxing music
The bad things about it-you told as why you hate the game through an entire song, no good jokes, nothing of interest happening in the pictures of the video.

Still, very nice music and video, looking forward to the next (hopefully better) one

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
I usually hate most of these but that wasn't so bad.

What I mean to say is that it was good and.... keep up the good work.

Argh now I feel dirty.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I really dug this one. I felt a bit of love-hate relationship with the game, but not sure if I was feeling your vibe or if it was just my own love-hate feelings for the games, lol.