Rebecca Mayes Muses: War for Cybertron

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Giandroid said:
What happened to the new song? It didn't come out all day...
esperandote said:
isn't there supposed to be a new song already?
arkady said:
I'm curious as to where the new song is. They haven't dropped her, have they?
The Escapist changed her schedule to once a month instead of once every two weeks. They didn't say it was because of the flame war but I suspect it was a contributing factor. Anyway this was the official news post.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102235-Rebecca-Mayes-Muses-Moves-to-Once-a-Month

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
hamster mk 4 said:
Giandroid said:
What happened to the new song? It didn't come out all day...
esperandote said:
isn't there supposed to be a new song already?
arkady said:
I'm curious as to where the new song is. They haven't dropped her, have they?
The Escapist changed her schedule to once a month instead of once every two weeks. They didn't say it was because of the flame war but I suspect it was a contributing factor. Anyway this was the official news post.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102235-Rebecca-Mayes-Muses-Moves-to-Once-a-Month
Awww. Ok. I like these songs, though I suspect this site may not provide the perfect audience for her.

I don't find Rebecca to be a role model or anything, but as a girl, I do like that the Escapist has been so good in allowing her to have artistic freedom and publish her songs. It's just nice to see a woman be one of the main contributors.

Funny thought: if you were looking for greater recognition, a scandal is the best way to do it. Maybe the grumpy comments weren't the reason for the change of schedule at all; maybe Rebecca just wants a couple more weeks to write her songs? Or maybe she's found another place to air them. Whatever.

I'll keep following her now the Escapist has put me in contact with her :)

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Rebecca Mayes said:
War for Cybertron

Rebecca Mayes learns the language of Cybertron to bring us this message from a beloved transformer.

Watch Video
Becca, can you please make a statement of your own about the new schedule? Thanks.

cynik

Nov 6, 2009
Nice Karin D. Anderson impression, for a few moments there I thought that I've got a Fever Ray record still running in the living room.
Another video and another furious discussion ongoing, I find it amusing how Rebecca's songs start serious flamewars regularly. Although I'm mostly with El Pup on this subject. I am also one of those who got seriously impressed by her earlier works (pre-escapist and sims 3) and got somewhat bored lately. It seems to me that she wants to experiment with her music as much as possible but her tight contract schedule simply forces her to publish everything due to lack of time. But she's still young, new in the business - we'll see.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
I liked the background music, but as others have said, the voume changes were a bit tough, had a hard time even hearing the singing, and couldn't turn it up for fear of the intense guitar riff. I am not sure I have ever said, I fear "the intense the guitar riff" before. :)

Other than that, not my favorite because I really couldn't follow.

znix

Apr 9, 2009
This is the second Rebecca Mayes video I've seen. The first one was funny. This one was extremely bad. I'll give it one more shot... :/

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
don't know why but i have a hard time hearing its Icelandic even though i can recognize some of it, maybe im just not as formal with my use of words

else great song...

Rhokk

Aug 10, 2009
Umm... I don't really get this at all.

In my opinion, this song is garbage. Completely useless noise. Rebecca's 30 seconds of fame needs to be over. NOW. This video is right up there with Tay Zonday's "Crash Into Weird". Go ahead, look it up on Youtube. Right around the point where he's wearing his underwear on his head you'll know what I'm talking about.

Just because she's a cute girl who plays video games does NOT excuse videos like this being made. I wish I had some sort of way to cure my eardrums from having that really loud cacophony assaulting me midway through. I wish I could somehow remove any trace of me having visited this page, just because I don't want to add to her traffic numbers.

Then again, that's just my opinion. I'm not really that big of a music buff, and this just didn't tickle my particular fancy. It's not a genre I enjoy, clearly. I'm sure it's probably very relevant song and took talent to create, but I just don't have the experience to appreciate it. Read my first statement I made in this post and you'll find it apparent that I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
deus-ex-machina said:
I was really hoping you were going to do something based around the original theme tune.

This reminded me of Bjork.

I hate Bjork. Deduce.
Oh god so was I! I expected some techno/trance beat that flowed into something else then when I watched the video...I can barely hear what she says in the first few seconds. I was tempted to say, "Can you speak a little louder into the mic, please ma'am?"

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
This actually reminded me of Susumu Hirasawa. Like. A LOT. Great stuff, though.

Good to see her branching out.