Rebecca Mayes Muses: Wet

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
You couldn't have been clearer. It's a pretty mediocre game, although I did like the song as usual. It had this nice traditional country touch to it. Loved the fact that the guy acting alongside you was using a banana as an improvised gun!

By the way: what did you say during the credits when your mate was down? It sounded pretty hilarious!

Skylarm

Sep 23, 2009
You're very brave to go walking though the forest barefoot. If I did that I would be covered head to toe with poison ivy. A joy to watch as always ^-^

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I like this song.It had sort of a Country + African tribal music feel.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
Was that a banana in his pocket or was he just ha- wait. No. That was a banana.
Never mind, then...

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
liked the jethro tull reference. got into these videos recently. really good work on both the video and music

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
epic triangle.

such a small instrument, but when used properly it can make a good song great.

noglet

Nov 27, 2009
I was actually pretty excited clicking play when I saw this new video up: I'm not saying Rebecca's musings are like the highlight of my fortnights or anything, but...

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
i liked the song. i never played wet but everyone says it is shitty so i must follow blindly like the nice little sheep i am...baa

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Moral of the story: don't steal her hat. She'll fuck you up.

Lovely as always, surely nearing time for an album release by now...

ManStapler

Jul 13, 2009
Are you KIDDING ME! The tree fell apart! How do you make that for a song, how do you catch such a shot? Did you bring a GIANT FAKE TREE in the WOODS? or did a HUGE TREE fell in to apart while you were there? That was insane, looked like a huge shot of luck, even tho it wasn't impressive, it was there, and such a shot seemed very very weird.
Am I the only one thinking this?

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Your getting better every time.
But you know what would have been great? Some kind of chorus which goes fast and loud, this song really needed it, because it goes in the same motion all the way trough. You need to shake up a little bit after such a slow rhythms.

cobaltfram

Sep 3, 2009
Very well done. I agree that maybe the rhythms could have been shaken up a bit here and there, but I really liked how the lyrics all built to very sweet, sad question; you're growing out of being a simple reviewer and are instead using your songs to explore personal issues within games, which sounds very silly, but you pull it off.

My only advice would be to drop all the technical aspects of a game reviewing ("Damn wonky camera") which almost always feel tacked-on or unnecessary, and focus entirely on the deeper themes you explore so well ("I won't find it here.") or Madworld's questioning of violence in games.

Still, very nice song, and I think that every video you improve. And an album, or at least a place to purchase individual MP3s would be lovely :).

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not mad about the tune, it seems to be a bit off, still, great lyrics, please make an album, or at least do a tour, and if you do post it on twitter. I love all of your stuff, keep it up.